ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Actually eggs are back on the daily menu according to the lates research-results/fads ;)
(for humans anyway - almost nobody apart from people marketing&selling parrotfood research parrotfood...)

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yes, eggs are actually one of the most "bird-safe" foods, I always give my guys some scrambled eggs when I'm making them, but before i add any salt, butter, etc. It's the dairy products that need to be in "moderation", only because their GI Tracts can't properly digest them, and it can make their droppings pretty nasty...well, that and most dairy products, like cheese, are also high in fat. But in moderation, once in a while, it's fine.

I'm glad that Clark also "talks", because Bowie speaks constantly and knows probably around 15-20 words/phrases, and he speaks very, very clearly. It's not that typical Green Cheek voice that you usually hear that's really raspy/rough, but clear as day. I never expected him to talk when I brought him home, it never even occurred to me that he would ever say anything. I actually thought that my Quaker was a male, that's what I her DNA-Certificate from her breeder said, so I was expecting her to be the talker...WRONG! After a few months of very suspicious behavior I had a DNA-test run myself during her yearly Wellness-Exam, and yeah, she's a female. So while she says 4-5 words, her voice is extremely rough and only i really know what she's saying, such as "No Bites" and "Ouch"...

What's hysterical (and annoying) is that Bowie actually says the few words/phrases that my Quaker says IN HER VOICE! So when Bowie says "No Bites" and "Ouch" he sounds exactly like Lita, and I can't tell if it's her or him saying it, but with everything else he sounds like me, clear as day...it's very weird. I'm used to my mom's CAG speaking in specific voices and accents, but Bowie wasn't supposed to be able to do this...My CAV told me that he has a lot of Green Cheek owners who are upset that their birds don't speak, or they speak in a really rough voice that you can't understand. I told him to tell them to be careful what you wish for, because they could have a Green Cheek yelling "My Baby, Give Me Kisses!" all day long, followed by a kissing-sound...

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I never doubted eggs were good, but possibly giving clark a sausage egg biscuit as we went thru the drive through is not the best recipe/preperation (he only eats the egg) ....the employees always get a big kick out of it when I go through on a sunday morning, and the parrot is all excite about whats coming. Litterally like the cash guy tells everyone and all the girls crowd around the the 2nd window and are like awwwww...

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OK so good news, I got my new safe grill in and started prep work and I'm still alive. Clark learned to wait and share! :)

:gcc:

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
When Nike is on me and I'm eating something that she can have I will occasionally offer it to her either by raising up my plate or holding the sandwich or the like near her. Lately when I'm eating something that I don't want her to have I have to be careful and make sure my eating utensil is on the opposite side of where she is because she will attack my hand when I go to my mouth if I'm not offering it to her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts