Scam Ads on craigslist?!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
THANK YOU Thekatsmeow. Thank you SO much for doing this!!! If more folks would do this, there's be less people scamming, and hopefully even less being scammed. :emoticonc

LuvMyToo

Jan 17, 2011
north carolina
Parrots
moluccan cockatoo
I have been seeing many scam ads on Craigslist lately for large parrots. I always email them with questions and get the same exact response, word for word, except for the bird breed. They always stop replying when I offer to come in person to pick up the bird. I always post an ad of my own then, pointing out the scam. Who are these people?!

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
They look to be by the same person, they both use the phrase "give out" instead of "give away". Thats a very precise mistake for both to be making ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
The scam artists are EVERYWHERE! If you look on Hoobly, and type in Macaw, you will either crack up laughing at some of the ads or you will get really angry. There are a few folks selling Hys for $500 and less ;)

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I almost got scammed by a similar ad. We looked up their usernames online and found it on a site compiling known scammers, you should try this.

The red flag for me then was the need to get the bird out of the country due to war and cannibalism...

Most Reactions

Latest posts