She Is Lucky I Am Letting Her Live!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
My mothers bird, Ivory, is very lucky right now that I haven't fed her to the snake or accidentally dropped her in a toilet bowl...

She ripped up and destroyed the keyboard to my MacBook Pro. It was in my room no where near her area but I'm guessing my mother didn't come get her when she went in my room once....and bye bye keyboard.

I am not nice without my macbook... I get very mean and nasty...my mother is hurrying to fix it. She is hoping by Friday it will be fixed. Already bought the replacement keyboard and back light will be in Thursday. Jeanne is letting me borrow her wireless keyboard will pick it up tomorrow. So I shouldn't be too temperamental....hopefully:)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh no!! Ivory better hide from you :11: LOL. Sorry about your MacBook! As used to our devices and computers as we are, it becomes so inconvenient without it!

Chelle

Aug 5, 2013
Parrots
CHEESECAKE (Pineapple~GCC) 2/4/14
I hope for the birds sake it sleeps with one eye open tonight! :eek:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Sammie the sennie ate the cord to my Xbox controller the other day. I wasn't impressed. It only cost me $50. I'm guessing a new keyboard was a lot more.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thats always the worst when they destroy something really important/expensive:(

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
BadBird.jpg

GQcKvz6.jpg

It's an epidemic!!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Birds will be birds just like kids will be kids

Whatever is left in their pathway they will instigate, play with and destroy.

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Yikes. I'd be pissed.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
BadBird.jpg

GQcKvz6.jpg

It's an epidemic!!!

Love these pics! the 'Too in the first pic seems to be presiding over his conquest! Lol!

And the galah in the second has that "d'oh!" look, as though caught in the act! Haha!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh noooo!!! :eek:
I never leave my macbook open if I'm not using it because Parry loves to nibble on the keys and nip the screen (I have a fairly new Macbook pro as well). I'm so sorry - I know how much these machines cost! :(

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Gilbert decided to pop a diamond out of an earring and that repair was $100 too. Little stinker! But then my dad still has a piece of furniture that i chewed (when i was a teething baby of course!) so i guess like they say, kids and animals will go on those playfully destructive rampages. haha

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Gilbert decided to pop a diamond out of an earring and that repair was $100 too. Little stinker! But then my dad still has a piece of furniture that i chewed (when i was a teething baby of course!) so i guess like they say, kids and animals will go on those playfully destructive rampages. haha

Kiwi likes to chew on the ceiling... :20:
I never really "destroyed" anything as a child(to my knowledge) but I *did* help my younger brother paint the entire side of his race-car bed with every container of nail polish in the house... :rolleyes:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Kiwi likes to chew on the ceiling... :20:
I never really "destroyed" anything as a child(to my knowledge) but I *did* help my younger brother paint the entire side of his race-car bed with every container of nail polish in the house... :rolleyes:

HA, i'll bet the nail polish bed went over big in your house!!! I don't know how i survived because i used to play electrician and jam things in the light switches and power outlets and i burned part of the wall. I didn't confess to it until i was about 30. My dad thought we had some awful wiring problem and had it all fixed and it was me shoving a bobby pin in it at about 5.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
and it was me shoving a bobby pin in it at about 5.
You are lucky you weren't electrocuted. My mum worked with a bloke whose child was disabled as a result of doing something similar. It's really dangerous, you are so lucky.

My galah recently pulled a button off my brand new computer mouse. The thing that got me was how quickly she achieved it. Just a second's inattention. Lesson I've learnt from that, and this thread, is that anything I don't want eaten needs to be removed/locked up/hidden well away from Ms Chomper.

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
My mothers bird, Ivory, is very lucky right now that I haven't fed her to the snake or accidentally dropped her in a toilet bowl...

She ripped up and destroyed the keyboard to my MacBook Pro. It was in my room no where near her area but I'm guessing my mother didn't come get her when she went in my room once....and bye bye keyboard.

I am not nice without my macbook... I get very mean and nasty...my mother is hurrying to fix it. She is hoping by Friday it will be fixed. Already bought the replacement keyboard and back light will be in Thursday. Jeanne is letting me borrow her wireless keyboard will pick it up tomorrow. So I shouldn't be too temperamental....hopefully:)

Ivory better stay away from you. That has to be a pretty good size snake for Ivory to be able to be a snack. My green cheek conure Clover once chewed the cord of my computer speakers. I ended up having to buy new speakers. To this day I do not know when or how she had the opportunity to do that. Luckily Captain Jack has not shown any interest in electronics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts