shipping blue and gold macaw?

hNicholeh

Jul 28, 2014
gray court, south Carolina
Parrots
Scarlet macaw named Boomer
Hi Im going to buy two blue and gold macaws and the person is going to ship them(as we live on different states) through a company called globalshippx. I know its not desired to ship macaws as it can be stressful but this is a dream. I just was wondering if anyone could tell me about the company and if they are trustworthy? Is there any companies that you would suggest?

Last edited:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Did they ask you to wire any money? Can you give more details about your transaction with this person? How much are you buying them for? I have never heard of that company, and I fear it may be a scam.... 😬

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
When I googled "globalshippx" spelled that way, nothing came up with that spelling. I'd beware! I hope you didn't already send money.

MacawLoverOf3

Jun 23, 2013
Parrots
Jody
Kalea
Donovan
Is this a case where you have seen an ad for these birds and this person will willing to 'give them out to a good home if you promise to love them' (they might be using a little different wording but the same concept) and you just have to pay for the shipping? If that is the case, run, do not walk away from this scammer.

If you copy the ad here we can read it and tell you for sure if it is a scam as they make you believe you are going to get a couple of birds for free, you send them your money and there were never any birds to begin with.

OP
H

hNicholeh

Jul 28, 2014
Parrots
Well i had posted a ad looking for birds and a friend of theirs had contacted me and told me the offer and gave me their number. I talked with them but Im still not sure. No they said they would pay for shipping and they are selling two blues with cage and all acesories for only 600. They said they would make a payment plan with me which is 300 before i recieve the birds and 300 after i recieve I've them. They want me to send the 300 to the shipping company bc they are going to pay the shipping with the money i give them. But i have no clue how much shipping is. They sent me a pic of their drivers listens and a picture of the birds and one of themselves. And just a moment ago they said i could pay 200 andi all the would supply the other 200 for the shipping. I also looked up the company and i found it but they sent offer any prices i think the site is called global home or something. The shipping company is globalshippex

Last edited:

MacawLoverOf3

Jun 23, 2013
Parrots
Jody
Kalea
Donovan
RUN RUN RUN

Shipping companies are your first tip off. You send them the $300 and you will be sitting there until the day you die waiting for these birds but since they don't even have then to begin with, you will never see your money again. Pictures are easy to send, don't fall for any of it.

See how they lowered the amount to send them. They probably knew of hesitation on your part and they figure it is better to get an easy 200 out of you if they make it sound like they are honest and helping you out.

The only way to buy a bird is in person.

Have your running shoes on yet?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
SCAM. I could scan my drivers license (or a stolen one or even just pull one off google images, if I were a scam artist) and photoshop any random name/number/birthdate on it in about 10 minutes if I wanted. Don't let that make you secure. Every single thing about this situation sounds like a scam. Too cheap, too far of a distance, no ACTUAL proof the birds exist/would be shipped... I agree with everyone else, RUN!

There ARE legitimate macaw breeders out there who do ship, as well as countless rescue birds who need good homes. However, they aren't going to be $300 for a pair with cage... Try triple that for one bird (in a rescue scenario, much more for a baby).

OP
H

hNicholeh

Jul 28, 2014
Parrots
Okay thank you guys for the help. I was thinking it May be a scam but i needed some more help and advice. I really do appreciate all your help :) i had actually just tried to be scamed by someone else before this person and it made me extra cautious.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Okay thank you guys for the help. I was thinking it May be a scam but i needed some more help and advice. I really do appreciate all your help :) i had actually just tried to be scamed by someone else before this person and it made me extra cautious.

When it comes to shipping birds, unless it's from a trusted breeder who uses a popular company(like Delta) it's most likely a bad idea. I don't know anybody who would be willing to ship their birds to someone they've never met, AND be willing to cover shipping and/or sell the birds for cheap or on a payment plan.

Odds are you're best sticking to birds you can meet personally before any money is exchanged.. Craigslist(and other sites) can be pretty sketchy, but all my fids are from Craigslist, and I love them dearly. You'll find the right bird soon enough, don't worry. :)

And of course we're here to help with other questions! :D

OP
H

hNicholeh

Jul 28, 2014
Parrots
Yes i think ill just stick to my state for now on. Yeah i got my scarlet from the iwanna paper and he is my first macaw. I've had him for about 3 or 4 years now. When i first got him i think he May have had some separation and/or trust issues bc when i first got him and we were bonding he would scream whenever i left the room (which its a good thing i live in the country) and he wont go anywhere without his chew wood or he May bite. I dont know if he was raised bad or if he wasn't hand fed and such. But i try working with him and he has gotten better but even with these little flaws i still love him with all my heart :) and i would like him to have a bird companion to hang with

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just so that you are aware of it, Scarlet macaws tend to be the "beakiest" of the bunch... that could be all this is.

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
The listed phone number is England but there is VERY little information available for the company and the site doesn't appear to be professionally maintained...
global home

On their site they even state the following:
We do not buy or sell puppies or other animals. Please beware of some pet transportation companies that have been utilised by unscrupulous criminals to deceive people and commit fraud. These impostors have been known to use the logos of established companies as a front for selling and relocating puppies that don’t exist. If you are targeted by any ‘company’ using our name to offer animals for sale, kindly inform us immediately and we will report the fraud to criminal investigators.

If you are in any doubt as to the authenticity of a company or its communication with you, please email [email protected] for further assistance.

I would still avoid any transaction like this though.. Too many opportunities for major heartaches even if it's not a scam..
Understand also that importing an animal into the USA could see weeks of quarantine time that could destroy a sensitive Mac..

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts