Shreddable Carnations (Pic heavy)

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
If you do make a blog, I want to follow. It would be the only blog I would actually check regularly.

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
I couldn't resist making some when I got home last night. I put treats in the bottom, instead of the cork. Aleta can't figure out how to get the treats yet, but she enjoyed throwing them around. :)

flower.jpg

ErichT

Jan 5, 2014
Media
Spring Hill,Florida
Parrots
Mango - Sun Conure
Kiwi- Green Cheek Conure
That is a great idea! I just tried it with coffee filters. I didn't have a cork so I just crumbled up a few filters for the center. Plus side to that was that I was able to work the base into the cage bars so it is hanging on the cage wall. The Fids are in love with it .

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
Hanging would be fun! I put a little one in the "toy box" in the bottom of the cage. I bet she would like it more if it were hung up though! Not to mention decorative :p

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
Momtopercy I loved your flower idea so much! I used coffee filters that I dyed different colors. Some of them I used nuts and some other materials.
I made a larger toy with them by taking a 12 inch piece of pvc pipe and drilling holes in the top, middle, and bottom. I then added four flowers to the top, bottom, and middle. It covers the whole pvc pipe and because each one has a different surprise, it will keep the bird interested in its destruction. It is such a beautiful toy, but I don't expect that it will last very long.:p

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
So its a little later but here is a picture of one I made with coffee filters that I dyed. My cat loves them too lol:p
I still have to finish the flower stick. Thanks again for this great idea!! It has led to so many other ideas.
20140322_180048_zps9a92a366.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
LOL! Glad your cat likes it too! ;). My little pug has also stolen one and caused a big mess with his own shredding activities :D

tlfisher

Apr 28, 2013
Iowa
Parrots
Cockatiel (daughter's bird)
Rare Parakeet(daughter's bird)
What an awesome idea!!! I was wondering can you use used wrapping gift paper or tissue paper? I'm new to making toys and I don't want to use something that might make the birds sick.

Most Reactions