Made a busy board... kind of ;)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
So, I've been itching to make one of those lovely 'busy boards' I keep seeing but I didn't have a 'board' or large piece of wood. So I improvised and made four mini ones that I strung together. I hope this is fun enough for him. I'm following Kiwibird's advice and making (what I hope is) extra fun toys to keep him busy and entertained when I go out of town for business :)

The pic is sideways becaue I couldn't fit the whole thing in, in an 'upright' shot. :rolleyes:

IMG-20140309-01025_zps3285ff57.jpg

Last edited:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Very cool! Nice job!

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
This is very creative! I think your bird (s) will love it too... I still have a while to go b4 my baby comes home but when she does, im making her one of these. Thanks for the post!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
This is a great toy for those birds who need to chew every day! Well done, Michelle! I'm going to have to make something similar for my Beaks, as they are in dire need of more chewy toys!

What I like about this one is that it has lots of different textures to try, from hard wood, through squishy cork to straw and paper. I hope Percy doesn't chomp his way through it too quickly: it's almost too pretty to let him do that! LOL! :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Percy is going to be a very busy bird!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's awesome! I bet Ekko and Xander would love that:)
Percy is such a spoiled boy:)

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
Love it!!! I've never seen a busy board, I'll have to google

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
What an awesome idea Michelle. I think I may have to 'borrow' this idea. I am going to give it a try on the weekend.

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Glad you like it :)

I made the holes to stuff the corks in, with a paddle drillbit and the rest of the goodies are attached in normal holes drilled through the wood blocks.

Most Reactions