Sigh... I think here we go again..

OP
WolfmoonCT

WolfmoonCT

Oct 22, 2009
Brooklyn, CT
Parrots
Alex (Nanday Conure) Beausoleil or Boo for short (Sun Conure) Luigi (Congo African Grey)
Well, I contacted the Connecticut Parrot Society, and they are going to send one of their foster family's out Sat to do the home visit and bring him back to her house. She's a grey lover and has one of her own, so he may get adopted by her or if not, he'll be adopted by one of the members of the association. The foster lady is fostering a scarlet macaw that bites too, so she should be prepared for his bites.

The good thing is that she doesn't own a truck, so I'll follow her out to her place with his cage and tower gym set and food and toys, and I'll get to see where he's going to be for now. I'm hoping that whoever adopts him he they keep in touch with me to let me know how he's doing.

It literally brings me to tears just thinking that I'm not going to have him anymore, but I think it may be better in the long run for him. Maybe he's just looking for something I can't give him.

And as for the children, when I move in with her, she's in Canada and it would be a very long trip, and where she lives now, they don't allow pets, so I wont' be able to bring him. So getting him picked up before I go on vacation will be better for him cause he wont be stuck in his house for 2 weeks also. I just think in the long run he'll be better off.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and suggestions. Maybe in the future I'll try for another bird.. but if so, it wont' be for a very long time.

Thanks everyone.

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
I'm so sorry things couldn't work out between the 2 of you, sometimes it just isn't a good match. I hope he does find someone he connects with and maybe you will find someone new too. Best of luck.

Most Reactions