Sighting

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
A Scarlet Macaw was just seen high up i the trees in Md. zip code 21236. We are expecting several inches of rain over the next few days. The bird flew away while being sighted.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I hope the poor dear gets back to his/her family.

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
turquoise green cheek conure
2 budgies
A Scarlet Macaw was just seen high up i the trees in Md. zip code 21236. We are expecting several inches of rain over the next few days. The bird flew away while being sighted.

wow thats is just crazy i'm also in the baltimore area i looked on craigslist sometimes people post lost pets on there i didn't see any thing. I hope the poor baby makes it home ok
:blue1:

JJones1719

Mar 9, 2011
Media
MD
Parrots
7 Year old SI Eclectus named Guapo, I have a 6 year old GW Macaw named Neleno
Has anyone called Baltimore bird fanciers about this, they will send people out to look for this Macaw and keep it safe until the owner is located. Please search Baltimore bird fanciers in yahoo. Thanks Joe

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I really hope this poor bird is found. I am only about a half an hour from Bmore and we are getting hammered with rain and it's kind of chilly. I have been checking the maryland craigslist pages and haven't seen anything. I hope his family is looking for him. :(

mele

Jul 26, 2011
California
Parrots
Lotty- Umbrella Cockatoo,
Scarlet- Scarlet Macaw,
Paco- Lilac Amazon, Josh-blue front amazon
I asked a friend in the area to post the info to 911 parrot alert and keep an eye out.
I hope someone finds him/her and keeps it safe.

JJones1719

Mar 9, 2011
Media
MD
Parrots
7 Year old SI Eclectus named Guapo, I have a 6 year old GW Macaw named Neleno
I just posted a message on facebook to my bird club The Baltimore bird fanciers to be on the look out for this Macaw. Maryland is also being hammered right now with rain. I'm hoping the Macaw is used to people and is friendly enough to go to someone who can contact a rescue or our club. Thanks for posting. Joe

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I also posted to my facebook as I have many friends in the maryland/baltimore area. Hopefully we can at least get this bird inside somewhere and out of the weather.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Thanks everyone for your efforts. The bird has not been seen since that time. If it is I will alert again. You all are truly good people. I called the local avain vets but they too did not know of any lost Macaws. Who knows how far they can fly

Most Reactions

Latest posts