Silly bird!

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
LOL. I just caught Midori on her back at the bottom of her cage, holding a strip of newspaper in her feet and flailing it around in the air, chattering delightedly. (She stopped as soon as she realized I saw her, haha.)

What are some silly things like this your guys/girls have done when they thought you weren't watching? :D

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Merlin has a great lust for ink pens. We try to keep them in a drawer @ all times but sometimes we forget. If he is quiet, I know to look for him immediately. When he knows he's been discovered, he squeals & tries to fly away w/his prize.

OP
sixshades

sixshades

May 19, 2011
Media
Parrots
Midori - Cinnamon GCC
Haha, aw! Does he destroy them?

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Oh yes, if given the opportunity. I have had to hold him down & wipe ink from his beak. His beak was black for a month. Apparently it wasn't poison or he didnt ingest enough to kill him. Not for lack of trying, he has a death wish. I just pulled him off of my dog, he decided that a dog ride was worth a time out. Some days he's the devil.

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
Whenever Alex sees the travel cage being packed he gets excited, flies around and SCREAMS until he's packed in it and ready to go. I swear he has a fear of us leaving him behind or something. I now have to pack his cage and his travel stuff just before I leave if I want to get any peace! :rolleyes: Car rides are always a fiasco too, he LOVES them but traveling with a bird can be a nightmare sometimes.

His other funny thing is while we are at my parents (Where we currently are, after travelling halfway across the state, see above scenario :rolleyes:) he LOVES my poor old cat who lives here with them. Lucky for me I know he is "bird safe" (He lives with two cockatiels at the moment after all, and has lived with a myriad of small parrots and finches over the years, never hurt one, loved them all). Anyway, Alex will land on him and use him as transport around the house. The old cat doesn't mind, he just goes with it, ear chewing and all!

He also loves climbing on the cockatiel cage and teasing them with whatever food he happens to have at the moment.

:yellow1::grey::orange:

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Aren't birds great...they are so entertaining...you can't help but wonder what is going through their little minds....
My caique has a piece of wide pvc tubing at the bottom of his cage that he likes to role around in and run through....he also likes to lay on his back rather in the tube or not and have a toy in his mouth and in each foot....I think he needs a twelve step program for his toy addiction...
I have video of him playing like that somewhere...I will have to see if I can find it...

This is a fun thread....I can't wait to read more .....how fun.

Most Reactions