Silly tiel/too question

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
When Bob perches on my shoulder he will often preen himself, and sometimes he will use his crest to tickle my ear; anyone else have this issue?

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
I imagine others might wish they had that 'issue' if they don't ;) Sounds like you and Bob are buddies!

Last edited:
OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Ya he's a sweet heart, except when he's coming home in the car.

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
Does he not like riding in the car? My Keats loves it. We listen to birdsong and he chirps along. He has a nice, safe travel cage with a cloth cover, which gives him security I think. It also offers shade if he needs it and warmth on cold days.
Maybe you should try short, fun trips in the car with Bob...and reward him with praise and treats...so that he gets used to it. I take Keats to work with me occasionally so that he is used to traveling. It's good for him to meet others, too.

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Bob seems to know if he is going on an adventure or coming home from one. He likes the going part.

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Haha. Sam too. When were leaving he's hooting and grunting with excitement.
But on our way home he's quiet and exuasted.

Most Reactions

Latest posts