Silus and our dogs

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
We have two dogs that are rescues, they are Jack Russell / Chihuahua mix and are from the same litter.

The female ( Prissy ) gets along well with the Too, The male ( Spike ) Won't give the bird the time of day most of the time. He just ignores him.

Now Silas, he has figured out the he LOVES dog food and when he is on his play gym, he will occasionally climb down and head to the kitchen to do a drive by on the dog dish for a tasty morsel. ( Before you say it, We try to avoid this from happening. We know it's not good. )

The other day, he did just this and when he rounded the corner to the kitchen, the bowl holding the object of his covert mission was empty.

He stopped, put his crown up, squawked and with wings out began chasing and scolding the poor dogs.

TreeBee said it was hilarious to see!!!

Later that same day, Prissy decided to visit Silas on his play gym ( not too uncommon ) She put her paws up on the seed catcher and Silas came down to see her. Silas looked at her and said "HELLO!" Poor little Prissy didn't know what to think of that and took off running.

I think the poor dog is going to get a inferiority complex having this little bird fuss at her and talk to her all the time.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I would love to see that. I think it is hilarious. I do give my birds the occasional all natural Mother Hubberd baked peanut butter mini size dog cookie as a treat and they are fine.:D

Most Reactions