Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
I recognized that spot almost immediately! Hello fellow arizonan :D. Beautiful shot of Skittles!!! Also the comments on it are pretty hilarious...namely the one thinking that she is a pet bird that got out LOL

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Beautiful photo! And I'm glad to hear that Skittles has made so much progress!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love the colors on a Scarlet, and Skittles is a beautiful example! Scenery out there isn't bad either :).

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Skittles is a lovely celebrity! Beautiful photo and such great progress after what must have been an awful experience for her. Thanks for rescuing this gorgeous girl!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Gorgeous picture !!!

OP
Chesphoto

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
I was wrong, she was on the News broadcast too. The weatherman does a segment showing off photos that viewers send in that showcase our landscape and that was one of the images shown on Saturday morning.

What is crazy is that photo now has over 3000 likes and and was shared 367 times on their Facebook page. That is just wild!

Then last night, I went out with my wife to an outdoor mall that has live music and Skittles and our dog Kylie came with us. A couple of guys came over and said "Hey, is that Skittles? We saw her on the News this morning." Next, she will have her own fan club...

Oh wait, she already does: https://www.facebook.com/skittlesthemacaw/

I actually use that page to promote events about the rescue shelter she came from but it works for her mass following! :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congrats Skittles!!! What a fantastic shot of her, no wonder it has so many likes and shares!

Most Reactions