Sleeping Tents

col

Jul 10, 2014
Cambridge, MA
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum after having fallen in love with a conure at the local Petco. I've visited her several times, have been doing the research, and getting ready to go bring her home. Just bought a cage online yesterday and am hoping it will be delivered soon.

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on sleeping tents? Should I get one?

Thanks,

Col

:orange:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
OP
C

col

Jul 10, 2014
Cambridge, MA
Parrots
Sun Conure
Allee,

Thank you for the welcome and the helpful links. I think I'll stay away from those huts--too many tragic stories.

I'll send pics when I've brought her home.

Col

MrsKay

Jun 23, 2014
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Larry)
Canary (Norman)
'Larry' sleeps in this tent. I don't know the brand name. He looked at it for a couple of weeks before he would go inside but eventually he did, and now he sleeps and hides in it all the time. It is fleece covered.

Last edited:

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Maxx has one in his inside and outside cages. Over 3 years now and I have NEVER seen a loose thread.

He sleeps in his every night, and takes naps in it during the day. His cages will always have one in.

mwright1972

May 28, 2014
Media
East Texas
Parrots
Bob - Umbrella Coockatoo
Marley-Sun Conure
I read the horror stories about the tents and decided to try a Chube. Marley (sun conure) loves it and there is no chance for her to get hurt. I had to order it online, couldn't find it in a store here. It's like a giant toilet paper roll, but really sturdy and thick. It is big enough for her to turn around in.

Michele

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
Loco has a happy hut, and as long as you CONSTANTLY check for loose strands (which I have never found, and hes had it since May when I brought him home) they are fine. Im thinking about replacing it though just because I like to give him new things.. I saw a link posted on a thread (cant remember which) to a store that makes custom sleeping tents, I want to get his name embroidered on it

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
This has always been a concern of mine ever since I brought Boomer home. Infact one of the threads that Alee linked was mine. Since then I found a suitable, safe alternative. Check this out, maybe it's something your conure might like. I got it from the small animals section of a pet store. It's called a Bend-a-Bridge. Safe material, bendable and can be attached easily to the ceiling of your bird's cage.

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 278

Most Reactions