slight bulge

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so ecstatic for you and Noodles! Thank goodness the egg passed, wonder the significance of large size? Hopefully her ostrich egg is one and done!

Now you and Noodles get some deserved sleep!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh goodness, what great news to wake up to!!! YAAAAAAAAAYYYY! Go Noodles! Now feel better and let your mom get some rest. Please?

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Pretty sleepy today...Haven't been able to see how she looks when pooping yet. She DID eat well at breakfast, but just wanting to make sure we are out of the woods.
Turns out the egg did crack, but it's weird bc didn't notice it last night when I picked it up...I am thinking it cracked upon impact and not due to passing bc it looks like when you tap a hard-boiled egg on the counter (in the location of impact). Membrane etc still intact.

She isn't touching it or messing with it...I know I need to get rid of it (b/c it's cracked and and bacterial risk)..but do I need a dummy egg in this case? Normally I would leave it, but it's cracked and she doesn't seem to care--haven't even seen her go down to look at it...

I also wonder if the slight bulge was due to the egg pushing on her organs-- the egg was NOT palpable (too high up) but I still think her belly area felt a bit different...but then again, vet couldn't feel anything abnormal. I avoid touching her in that area, so maybe it wasn't any different than it normally is, but I still think that it might have been sticking out a bit more (even if not clinically abnormal).

Last edited:

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
So happy for you and Noodles!! You handled this situation like a CHAMP! You are a phenomenal parront ❤ Hope you had a better nights sleep!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Maybe difficult since it's cracked, but perhaps try to boil it while she's away from it, cool it and put it back for a bit to see if she has any interest at all. If she pays it no attention, I'd think you're good to toss it. My best guess anyway.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Yay yay yay! So relieved for you both! Yay for her and yay for you!

Now, about that Steel Egg. I know you do everything possible to diminish her hormonones.. but obviously She and her Cage are in need of a chaperone for their alone-times. I mean, what if it hadn't cracked, and she rejected it? Have you studied up on how to hand-raise baby Cages? :p

She isn't touching it or messing with it...I know I need to get rid of it (b/c it's cracked and and bacterial risk)..but do I need a dummy egg in this case? Normally I would leave it, but it's cracked and she doesn't seem to care--haven't even seen her go down to look at it...

If I were making the choice, I would go with replacing with a wooden egg. Maybe even a boiled Regular egg until the wooden one arrives. If she ignores it on the cage-bottom, great, but at least her body will know its there and hopefully hopefully Not get to work on a replacement. Right?​

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Can I boil a chicken egg since they are not THAT far off in size? lol I'm worried she'll eat it...

She and her cage seem a bit "cagey" after this lol! I mean, wtf..how is she going to lay an egg after I return to work, as opposed to during the stay-at-home-order, in which we were together all the time?!! ha

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
" I also wonder if the slight bulge was due to the egg pushing on her organs-- the egg was NOT palpable (too high up) but I still think her belly area felt a bit different...but then again, vet couldn't feel anything abnormal. I avoid touching her in that area, so maybe it wasn't any different than it normally is, but I still think that it might have been sticking out a bit more (even if not clinically abnormal). "
Lol I was going to ask you about this today!! Because I was really curious, and I worried thst I had steared you wrong about not being able to feel at Egg at that location ( anatomically the repo track closer to the back)

I woukd pull the egg, she isnt trying to sit on at thus point. So the egg has no meaning to her. Not a lot if experience eith thus tho.

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
" I also wonder if the slight bulge was due to the egg pushing on her organs-- the egg was NOT palpable (too high up) but I still think her belly area felt a bit different...but then again, vet couldn't feel anything abnormal. I avoid touching her in that area, so maybe it wasn't any different than it normally is, but I still think that it might have been sticking out a bit more (even if not clinically abnormal). "
Lol I was going to ask you about this today!! Because I was really curious, and I worried thst I had steared you wrong about not being able to feel at Egg at that location ( anatomically the repo track closer to the back)

I woukd pull the egg, she isnt trying to sit on at thus point. So the egg has no meaning to her. Not a lot if experience eith thus tho.

There was no egg that could be felt- for sure. It was just coincidence or the fact that it was pushing other things around (that's just a guess-- not professional input on my conjecture). So, no, you didn't mislead-- this whole thing has just been crazy!!!

OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
no kidding!!! my gosh....miserable... thank you!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You will know if the bulge is still there. Sure I thi k a large egg coukd push stuff around. Im so glad yiu trusted yourself , and trusted yourself even when vet was hesitant to x Ray right away. You did such a great job paying attention to subtle signs!

Most Reactions

Latest posts