Snakes...I have no self control...

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Sooo that motley sunglow I never took pictures of for everyone...well here she is from that first day she arrived!

Pictures I took today of all my snakes expect for my two big guys of course. My striped bloodred girl has gotten huge...and if you see something extra in there...well I said I had no self control right!

Grey snake what grey snake....

So yeah I just stumbled across this one online...I just happened to be on a breeders site and accidentally clicked the buy button... yep that was it...

She is a Axanthic Blonde Phase Trans-Pecos Ratsnake. I can't get pictures that do her justice. The breeder had the best photo of her and that was the one above but I tried... She arrived April 1 so she is brand new but settling in well.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ohh they're all SO beautiful Victoria! Wow, and the striped bloodred has grown fast! Thanks for the update :). I always love seeing your snake pics. Love those colors and patterns.

Hey everyone... She has MSS!!!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Awesomely beautiful! I am blessed with having many corn snakes on my property. I purposely leave large piles of brush for habitat. I have a racer that has been living here for over 5 years now, he has gotten quite large! When I am cutting the hedges, he pokes his head up and I have to stop, waiting for him to let me finish.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Ohh they're all SO beautiful Victoria! Wow, and the striped bloodred has grown fast! Thanks for the update :). I always love seeing your snake pics. Love those colors and patterns.

Hey everyone... She has MSS!!!

I really do have that lol. I have two other snakes I've been keeping a look out for from breeders.... the breeder I just bought the ratsnake from breeds one other type that I really like... so I have an alert for changes on their site:54:

Thanks! I already figured my limit for a collection will be two stacks four high....so I have room for 4 more snakes:54:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
So pretty. I can't even stand it!

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
LOVE them!!! Such gorgeous colors. I'm glad I'm not the only snake/parrot parent in the world. You should have seen the look on the rescue director's face when she came to my home check to see my 7-foot red tail :09:. Baby snakes have the cutest faces I can't even stand it sometimes

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Do you have to feed all of them live prey?

They all eat frozen mice no live prey. My big guys eat frozen rats.

LOVE them!!! Such gorgeous colors. I'm glad I'm not the only snake/parrot parent in the world. You should have seen the look on the rescue director's face when she came to my home check to see my 7-foot red tail :09:. Baby snakes have the cutest faces I can't even stand it sometimes

Thanks:D I have a big red tail boa girl too! The one time my mothers macaw saw her he gave a startled squawk. Max mothers macaw doesn't even like the little baby snakes. All of my guys don't care about the snakes at all which is good since the snake population in the house keeps multiplying somehow:54:

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
They are gorgeous!!! My dear friend Timmy the albino California kingsnake passed away this year. I adore snakes--their movement is truly mesmerizing.

Tony21

Feb 6, 2015
Peterborough, Canada
Parrots
Macaw
I keep, a boa, and few pythons. Among other critters, but I do like he all my guys. My conure barely notices my snakes. He will come and clean poop, do tell checks all that.

boas and pyhthons don't see birds as pray.

Most Reactions