onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Iā€™ve seen some others posting about the snuggle up bird warmer and I just put mine in Onaā€™s sleep cage. Itā€™s been plugged in all day but feels cool to the touch to me. Is it not working? How warm is it supposed to get? Hoping some parronts who use one can chime in.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yup, supposed to feel warm to the touch, noticeably warm. If yours is not it is defective, should be returned to the seller. Ours got turned on a few weeks ago. These let the parrot decide how warm they want to be. There is no 'thermostat' its either plugged in and on, or its not.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
it will take a while to get warm and itā€™s not going to get HOT HOT; the bird is supposed to ā€œsnuggle upā€ to it without getting burnt.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Hm, I guess itā€™s just not working then. I emailed Chewy weā€™ll see what they say. Still feels cool to the touch.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd's is defo warm to touch - comforting warm rather than hot. The trouble is I have no idea if Syd likes it or not. It is in his sleep cage which is covered. I have tried to get him to touch and he does but that's as far as it goes.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
So I tried it in a different outlet and it did get warm! I tried plugging it in to a different socket on the same outlet so weā€™ll see if that works. Strange thing is I tested the outlet by plugging in something else and the outlet was working. So not sure whatā€™s going on. Hopefully I can get the warmer working with the outlet below her sleep cage. Today is cold where I live!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Thatā€™s strange. Iā€™m glad you donā€™t have to send it back.

Itā€™s still above freezing here. I donā€™t know if Willow would like the bird warmer but I will probably try it soon. I also have a warming perch that I think I will put in Jaspers cage though he isnā€™t by the window.

Most Reactions

Latest posts