what can draw on cardboard that isnt toxic to parrot

RicoParrot

Jan 9, 2022
Parrots
Rico
silly question but today i was bored so i made a cardboard house for my parrot. and im searching for something that can write on cardboard but isnt toxic to parrot

Attachments

• obraz_2022-10-15_165433605.png
    obraz_2022-10-15_165433605.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 38

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Crayon (wax crayon) like little kids use.

You could make a cute house or car for your bird and cut windows and doors for him to climb in and out of.

Last edited:

Ronnie27

Oct 13, 2022
México
Parrots
Esmeralda, Perla, Arcoiris, Kiwi
It's not a silly question.
For a parrot, the cardboard itself is perfect. No need of drawing or painting.

One suggestion would be: if your bird is a baby, a closed cardboard house with windows and a door, like you show on the photo, is a great idea and very comfortable.
However, if your bird is an adult (young or not/single or not), I would suggest no closed cardboard house because this encourages nesting and could lead to several behavior problems sooner or later, getting worse during breeding season. Taking care of a bird is different than taking care of a dog or a bunny; adult birds live on the trees and they only get a nest when they need a place to increase the family, once the new birds learn to fly, they leave the nest to live on the trees like their parents.
If you still want a cardboard house, do it without a floor and without one or two walls, so your bird does not think of it a "good place to have babies".

Most Reactions

Latest posts