Some foraging toys I made for my boss's Senegal

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
In our office, there are THREE parronts (owned by : Smokey, the Timney Grey, Sammie, the Senegal and my Percy, the BFA) so I tend to make toys for all of them.
Here's something I made for Sammie, my boss's Senegal last night.

Attachments

• IMG-20131209-00320.jpg
    IMG-20131209-00320.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 772
OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Cool, what do you do that allows you to be around the birds?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

I am not around my boss's and collegue's birds, I just know about them and send them some goodies from time to time.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Cool, what do you do that allows you to be around the birds?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

I am not around my boss's and collegue's birds, I just know about them and send them some goodies from time to time.
Ah I'm with you! Sorry I thought you meant you had the birds hanging out in the office XD

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Hi MtP :) I really LOVE those toys, esp the longer one - I think that's something my lovebirds would LOVE - they are real chewers - may I ask is it that yellow twine you have going through it holding it together? And what is that yellow twine?

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Gary, it is yellow plastic twine I get from a harware shop here in SA. Both Sammie and my Percy will NOT chew string for some reason (luckily and YES, Sammie's mom and I have checked and double checked this with our birdies to be safe) so I use this for them because it is easier to use (I put the whole thing together using a needle for the threading). However, when I make this item for the Smokewy, timney grey, I use thin cotton rope because he does chew the rope first! Sammie and Percy both rip the whole thing apart and in two days, only the string is left behind. Again, for safety, I don't allow Percy to keep the toy until it gets to that stage so by the time he's shredded away the cardboard until there is about an inch in diameter left, I remove it and replace with a new one. Sammie's mom does the same after I refused to make her more unless she followed the rules ;).

If you want to make it, I would suggest you use a sisal rope or thin cotton rope. The reason I only use the cotton rope fonly or Smokey is that it is very hard to bet through a needle LOL!

Most Reactions

Latest posts