Some thing is the air today???

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
??? :mad: They're BOTH being @)*^%#$& today! :mad: First its The Beebs..it is starting to really p.m.o! When he is on my shoulder,just sitting there being groovy..all of a sudden he grabs/bangs my ear lobe,real fast like. doesn't really "hurt", kind of pinches,but he does it ALOT,with no warning..very aggravating! So I got annoyed at him,told him STOP IT!, picked his little grey butt off my shoulder and put him on the floor,all the while he is growling at me and giving me heck.
He climbs up my sweat pants,grabs my t-shirt and starts climbing my chest :20: so I grab him again and put him back on the floor..repeat repeat repeat. He finally gets the message and sits on my thigh.

Then the little green s0-and-so..she is on top metal rail on the chair next to me,and I try to skritch her noggin. She poofs up,pins her eyes and opens her beaky at me :52: then trys to lunge at me! I say what the **** to her and give it a rest. I try to skritch ten minutes later with the same result :confused:
Ok...FINE!..be that way! :(

So in return,she does a healthy DUMP on the carpet! I give her the hairy eyeball and bend over with a paper towel and she lunges AGAIN at me! knocking my glasses off and almost clunking me in the face with that beaky :mad::mad::mad:.

Alright, you're both gong to be little putz today?? Off you go,back in your houses! Fixed their wagon,but GOOD! GRRRRRRR

Jim

anita1216

Jun 18, 2014
Detroit
Parrots
2 Pacific Parrotlets
1GCC
1 CBC
1 BROWN NECK POI (CAPE)
1 COCKATIEL
1 SENEGAL
My cape and senegal were both being pains this morning.

Xola(the Cape) was beak punching, no warnings given. She got me in the face twice, thats another pair of glasses broken.

Dax (senegal) did her best to try and bite my hands everytime I had to pick her up. She never acts out, usually a very calm bird.

The whole time Im trying to wrangle those two, my conures were going trying to bite the parrotlets toes :eek:

My tiel just buzzes around, dive bombing us all.

It was a difficult start to the work week for sure LOL

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well a couple of weeks ago, we passed from Summer into Fall, but that particular yearly event does not have a specific biological trigger. So nope, its a your house thing!

The Tiel, not in my knowledge base. The Amazon - that easy, you had not been paying attention and likely got a couple of warnings that he was not interested or busy doing some other Amazon thing, and then, at least in the Amazon's mind, was justly rewarded with a present!

Remember, its their World, we are only there to support their needs and wants. :D

Keep hands away from your head of hair! What you pull out is not replaced at this point in life!

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I dunno, SailBoat. We're having problems in my house too.

Goofy is all kinds of mad this morning. Now that could have an explanation. I cut off his seed supply yesterday. He was eating enough birdie bread and the pasta/rice/veggie mix I made for Charlotte that I'm not worried about him getting enough calories, so the seed supply got cut off. He's not a happy camper.

Leo, the senegal is hissing at me from the inside of his cage and won't come out. That's a little extreme, even for him.

Charlotte is being mopey for whatever reason. I swear she was a puppy in a previous life. She's got those sad puppy dog eyes down to a science.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, I had better check the moon phase and the position of the planets. Aaaah, its Monday! and the Sub-Tropical Storm is leaving the East Coast! There's the link! :D

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Okay, okay - I was wrong! There is something in the Air!

This morning, my DYH Amazon went into 'FULL' Territorial Hormonal Rage. Never slowed down for crazy, but screamed right on by without giving it a second consideration! I have never seen him so crazed, Mr. Towel never stood a chance as he locked into him and busied himself turning Mr. Towel into Mr. Sheared Towel. Forty minutes later he started to unwind and it was another twenty minutes after that point that he had unwound enough to pick-up and move him to the top perch of his cage play top. He's been sleeping for a couple of hours now.

During his historical 'season' between mid-January to late February, one can see the build-up, step back and give him room to play out the Hormonal Rush. But this was more like a Hormonal Dump!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Sounds like a conspiracy between Amy and BB to me! Kiwi is currently playing with some little toys being a perfect angel (well as close as a zon can get;)). Earlier he was sitting on the drying rack helping me hang laundry.

Have you changed anything recently? New hair cut? Decoration? Moved a piece of furniture? Things that matter very little to us can really cause the birds to be total PITAs!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Sounds like a conspiracy between Amy and BB to me! Kiwi is currently playing with some little toys being a perfect angel (well as close as a zon can get;)). Earlier he was sitting on the drying rack helping me hang laundry.

Have you changed anything recently? New hair cut? Decoration? Moved a piece of furniture? Things that matter very little to us can really cause the birds to be total PITAs!

No changes at all April :confused: And all three of us were in this room,me on this electronic gizmo with Beebs on my shoulder/leg/desk/key board ( he does NOT keep still) and my "precious" :rolleyes: Amy,was just calmly sitting on the top rung of the chair next to us.

Jim

Most Reactions