Some1 Please Help

kimmyj

Apr 12, 2012
Newcastle Australia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
I have a one year old ekkie n she wont stop squawking not like the loud cockatoo sounding one but u know the sound. she just wont stop she has everything she needs clean water fresh food. she is even doing it when we r playing with her so i dont feel its a boredom thing. nothing has changed same routine. i check all of her food before i give it to her to make sure it is fresh n tasty so i know its nothing like that and i try n mix it up so its never boring and the same thing everyday. but i dont know what to do. can any1 help me? i'm worried about her.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Hopefully a eclectus owner can give more input. Are you able to make a video of her when she's squawking? Eclectus owners might find that very useful when trying to help you.

It may just be a phased she's going through that she'll grow out of, has she been to a vet yet? it's a good idea to have a thorough check up so you have something to compare to if you think anything is wrong. That way the vet has her records of when she is healthy and can compare blood test, weight, and things like that.

Ozzie

Jan 31, 2013
Melbourne
Parrots
ecelectus
Im new to an ekkie bird, but mine sqwaks when he wants to be with me and I put him back in his cage or when I am making his food. But when he does sqwak for no reason I ignore him or go out the room then he stops pretty soon after that. Sorry its not much help though.

Oedipussrex

Jun 3, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Charlie - Galah
Not sure of you mean the really loud squawk (compared to their other sounds) or just a 'voice leveled' squawk?
Pickle squawks at me in the not-so-loud way a lot. :p I think hes just being bossy. He squawks when its time to get up, he squawks into his bowl after i give him food, if he wants me to carry him somewhere, if he hears my car, if we are playing and he needs to go back to the cage to do his business, if i start making MYSELF food etc... because i do everything for him and he knows there's no point asking anyone else in my family for anything.
He cooes at everyone else cutely and nicely ALL the time and i only get this when he thinks I've been good. XD *siiigh*
Then again we live in a big house and even the humans here shout across rooms to each other, so hes just doing the norm. In our house it is nothing that can be changed or worried about unless i change the whole dynamic of the family and since i haven't tried, i don't really have training tips for you.

From what you said i wouldn't worry about boredom either, has she always squawked? Or is this a new change in her behaviour? I don't really know, but i would be more inclined to worry if it is a change that you cant think of any reason for, not if shes just always been like that... :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Perhaps a vet visit to rule out any possible sickness! If all healthy, then we start with the behavioral issues. That way we can rule out one thing at a time.

Most Reactions