Something wrong with her nose?

FluffyBlueMacaw

Apr 12, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hey I kinda thought it was normal for a while, but my female cockatiel (2 years old) has like purple color above her nostrils, and Iā€™m wondering if it normal? Iā€™ve also noticed her nostrils are kinda dry and blocked, she also sneezes sometimes but she eats normally and is active.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 25

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey I kinda thought it was normal for a while, but my female cockatiel (2 years old) has like purple color above her nostrils, and Iā€™m wondering if it normal? Iā€™ve also noticed her nostrils are kinda dry and blocked, she also sneezes sometimes but she eats normally and is active.
Looks normal to me. Cockatiels' ceres often look dry, crusty and flaky. The purple-ish areas don't look like abnormal. All birds sneeze occasionally. If she is otherwise acting healthy she probably is.

OP
F

FluffyBlueMacaw

Apr 12, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Looks normal to me. Cockatiels' ceres often look dry, crusty and flaky. The purple-ish areas don't look like abnormal. All birds sneeze occasionally. If she is otherwise acting healthy she probably is.
Ok! Thank you so much!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Yeah I agree with Donna budgie...I don't see anything really off here.

Most Reactions

Latest posts