Soon To Be First Time Bird Owner NEED HELP!

xConure

May 3, 2014
Recently one of my beloved guinea pigs passed away. I have been planning a new pet for some time but now that she is gone i really want a new pet. I used to (as of 2 weeks ago) think that birds were noisy non affectionate animals that i would never want. Then i saw a green cheek conure at petdmart. It came out of its hammock upside down and started walking after me as i moved around his cage. I then instantly fell in love. I have been researching green cherks literallly NONSTOP for days now and have the care down. I am going to have a HUGE 36"x24" or larger cage with multiple tents hammocks perches bowls etc. I spoil all my pets...

Anyways here is my question:

I live in maryland USA and would like to buy a male green cheek from a breeder here. It has to have been handled and used to people. Can somebody PLEASE tell me a good breeder in or around the maryland area? I am willing to take a road trip if i need to.

Thanks so much guys! :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Try looking on birdbreeder.com it's a huge database of breeders across the country.

Also keep in mind about the bar spacing of cages. The larger cages tend to get larger bar spacing as well which could be dangerous to get a little head stuck in. 5/8" or even 1/2" would be a good one for Green Cheeks. What might be nice for a GCC is a style of cage they call "flight cages". They are usually large and roomy, but have the smaller bars and spacing, and less expensive as well.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Amy's Aviary is where I got my one male gcc. I think she has a bunch of birds sitting eggs right now. I know her suns are on eggs at the moment.

Most Reactions