Hello!

Ladybug

May 3, 2014
Hello! My name is Amber and I live in Arizona! I have 2 cockatiels and I just brought home a baby (8 week old) Indian Ringneck. Any advice about my new baby is welcome!

Here's my cockatiels:

Callie:

Azazel:

and here's my indian ringneck:
Lilianna

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Hello and welcome, Amber!
First things first.. your flock is BEAUTIFUL! :) They seem very happy.
Is this your first time with a baby? Or just with a baby ringneck?
If you have any specific questions, you can use the search function, or ask here! I'm sure there's plenty of good advice already on the forums.
Just off the top of my head I would ask if you practice quarantine?(Keeping new birds separate from current birds for 30~ days in case of illness.) That's the first thing that comes to mind with a new bird.
Other than that, just enjoy your baby! :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! your birds are all gorgeous and I love the stand Azazel is on!
So happy you joined us:)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!!! Beautiful babies you've got there! :)

OP
L

Ladybug

May 3, 2014
Hello Amber, WELCOME !!

I love Ringnecks, nice size, not too small, not quite the size of an Amazon

Is it a Tame hand feed baby?

Joe

Thanks! Yes she's a tame hand fed baby. The breeder was a very nice old lady who also had her DNA tested for me. I got to hand feed her at the breeder for the last week and since she was only on night feedings and wasn't wanting to eat much because she was actually eating seeds and pellets during the day I got to bring her home yesterday!

Hello and welcome, Amber!
First things first.. your flock is BEAUTIFUL! :) They seem very happy.
Is this your first time with a baby? Or just with a baby ringneck?
If you have any specific questions, you can use the search function, or ask here! I'm sure there's plenty of good advice already on the forums.
Just off the top of my head I would ask if you practice quarantine?(Keeping new birds separate from current birds for 30~ days in case of illness.) That's the first thing that comes to mind with a new bird.
Other than that, just enjoy your baby! :)

Thank you! She is my first ringneck and my first bird under 4 months old! I got Callie when she was 4 months old so I didn't have to worry about hand feeding. I did get to go hand feed Lilianna for the last week and now that she is weaned I got to bring her home. She is a sweetheart! The breeder did suggest to soak pellets for her to make sure that she doesn't stop eating from the stress of being brought to a new home. So I did that last night and this morning and she really loved eating the pellets and she's been going to her food bowl and snacking on seeds off and on. She does sleep more than I am used to but I think this is because she is so young? She is quarantine from my 'tiels I'm keeping them in my spare room that I'm slowly converting into a bird room and I'm keeping her cage in my room and letting her out on the playstand in the living room.

Hello and welcome! your birds are all gorgeous and I love the stand Azazel is on!
So happy you joined us:)

Thank you! Azazel loves that stand (he sings to it lol).

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Hello Amber, WELCOME !!

I love Ringnecks, nice size, not too small, not quite the size of an Amazon

Is it a Tame hand feed baby?

Joe

Thanks! Yes she's a tame hand fed baby. The breeder was a very nice old lady who also had her DNA tested for me. I got to hand feed her at the breeder for the last week and since she was only on night feedings and wasn't wanting to eat much because she was actually eating seeds and pellets during the day I got to bring her home yesterday!

Wow, that's GREAT !! You must be VERY Happy !!

How is she doing??

Joe

Sheryl

Apr 1, 2014
Seabrook, Texas
Parrots
Beeper CAG, Maui Lu B&G, Mi Hijo GW
and Bergie my little BFA in Rainbow Bridge
Welcome. I see Callie got caught napping. Adorable. They are all adorable.

OP
L

Ladybug

May 3, 2014
Thanks everyone! Everyone is doing good. I tried introducing Lilianna to the tiels but Azazel felt threatened so I'm not going to force the issue. I decided to turn the spare room into a tiel room so they can fly around and be happy together and I have Lilianna in my room and she has free roam of the rest of the house except for the tiel room.

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Thanks everyone! Everyone is doing good. I tried introducing Lilianna to the tiels but Azazel felt threatened so I'm not going to force the issue. I decided to turn the spare room into a tiel room so they can fly around and be happy together and I have Lilianna in my room and she has free roam of the rest of the house except for the tiel room.

Hi Amber,

So nice that you have a room you can give your birds !!
A picture of the room would be nice :D

In sure in time Lilianna will be accepted by Azazel :)

Thanks for the update !!

Joe

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Welcome to the forum! Your babies are gorgeous!

Most Reactions

Latest posts