Spot the Green Cheek Conure

swagheichou

Sep 15, 2014
Tri-Cities, Washington
Parrots
1 B&G Macaw, 1 pearl/2 pied Cockatiel, 2 GCC, 20+ budgies
I found this image from a friend taking pictures of me, Kikki and Jamie.
And behold, my master of camoflage: can you spot him?
9fj2ac7.jpg

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
Yes I see him but I won't give it away so others can have some fun. I am always in awe when I see people with their conures outside without a harness. Such freedom and fun. Unfortunately, I am way to much of a worrier to try this myself. Just wondering though, does it help when they are in a large open area rather than just on the street in front of your house? I am thinking that with an open area if they fly they will likely land on the ground where you can retrieve them as oppose to landing on someone's roof or a tree where you can't reach them.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Took me a while....I had to blow up the photo all the way, LOL....then go piece by piece before I spotted him. :D

This is awesome! Where's Waldo?

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Found him! That was fun - a birdie "where's waldo"!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I found the little cutie, but it wasn't easy! Excellent photo!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Hidden in plain sight. ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Took me forever to find that cutie!
Where's Waldo, love that:)

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I had to enlarge the pic and look around a bit. I found him though, if his head were green too, it'd be impossible to find him.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Found him! What gave it away for me was the throat color ;). Fun thread, he's pretty well hidden!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Got him, but only by blowing up the picture!
Is he clipped? Not knocking, just fascinated and trying to make decisions for our IRN :)

OP
S

swagheichou

Sep 15, 2014
Tri-Cities, Washington
Parrots
Yes I see him but I won't give it away so others can have some fun. I am always in awe when I see people with their conures outside without a harness. Such freedom and fun. Unfortunately, I am way to much of a worrier to try this myself. Just wondering though, does it help when they are in a large open area rather than just on the street in front of your house? I am thinking that with an open area if they fly they will likely land on the ground where you can retrieve them as oppose to landing on someone's roof or a tree where you can't reach them.
It's a lot of trust between me and my precious birds.
He is also clipped, and enjoys walking in the grass. He can fly some--and generally it's towards me. I started with the conure in the macaw aviary (without my precious Jamie :blue1: in it, of course) and let him walk in the grass, and then just did it outside the aviary after a while. The macaw is rarely harnessed except for pet stores or meeting large groups of people outside.
I have had less luck with the cockatiels, and they have to stay in the aviary, as do the parakeets as they are kept unclipped generally.

OP
S

swagheichou

Sep 15, 2014
Tri-Cities, Washington
Parrots
Is he clipped? Not knocking, just fascinated and trying to make decisions for our IRN :)

We heavily clip the Green Cheek (7-8 feathers on both sides). He can still fly pretty well for some reason, most frequently to me. He is very attached to me, and generally follows me on the grass. I would recommend clipping unless you are willing to flight train your birds. (Kikki, the pictured GCC is not flight trained)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)

We heavily clip the Green Cheek (7-8 feathers on both sides). He can still fly pretty well for some reason, most frequently to me. He is very attached to me, and generally follows me on the grass. I would recommend clipping unless you are willing to flight train your birds. (Kikki, the pictured GCC is not flight trained)

Thanks - I'm working towards fully flighted recall, and a happy harness bird. He's harness trained, but he's not happy in it! Not as happy as he is out of it, anyways. I think he'll be clipped at least once more...

Most Reactions

Latest posts