Squeal! Baby bird!

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
The hubby gave me the okay this morning to get a macaw. I've been visiting the breeder I got my eclectus from for the past few weeks and ran right down as soon as he said yes to put down my deposit and spend a few hours snuggling.

My new little one was born on May 12th and is ridiculously adorable (obviously :D). I can't wait to see him/her again next Saturday!

Awake and adorable
babymacaw1.jpg

Snoozing on my chest
babymacaw2.jpg

Still zonked out
babymacaw3.jpg

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
What species?

He's very dirty! Cute though.

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
S/he had just finished eating :) and s/he's a Blue and Gold.

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
A baby blue and gold face melts my heart. How sweet. :)

I know, that tiny face was killing me! Little thing has practically no feathers yet, but that face is just like.. a perfect teensy-tiny B&G face!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
The hubby gave me the okay this morning to get a macaw. I've been visiting the breeder I got my eclectus from for the past few weeks and ran right down as soon as he said yes to put down my deposit and spend a few hours snuggling.

My new little one was born on May 12th and is ridiculously adorable (obviously :D). I can't wait to see him/her again next Saturday!
Awake and adorable
Snoozing on my chest
Still zonked out

Aww, Thanks So Much for the pictures!! So Cute !!

Do we know the whole "visit" thing LOL How far away is the breeder?
(you are about 7 1/2 weeks behind us :D)

Joe

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
We are lucky in that regard, since we live in a big city :) the breeder is only about 20 minutes away. I don't have to make long trips to the dentist!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Welcome to the mushmac club!

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
We are lucky in that regard, since we live in a big city :) the breeder is only about 20 minutes away. I don't have to make long trips to the dentist!

Ha Ha Ha.... Yeah the gas and tolls to get to the "dentist" are killing me

That just means you will be LIVING there LOL !!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations! So precious :)

I think I recall you said ALL the pets prefer your husband? Well, let's make this YOUR baby :D!

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
I did say that! I'm tempted to ban him from holding my macaw at all :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
What a adorable baby!!!!! I love baby bird pictures!!! :)

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Gorgeous! Thanks for the pics, this is the first baby macaw I've seen, very beautiful and intriguing. And congratulations!!!!! When does the baby get to come home for good?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, what a precious baby! Congrats on your new baby:) I bet you are already counting the days until s/he can come home:) So lucky that you live so close to the breeder for visiting as well.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Oh my gosh, s/he's a little darling. Congratulations! Good luck banning anyone near enough to snuggle that little ball of adorableness.

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
Gorgeous! Thanks for the pics, this is the first baby macaw I've seen, very beautiful and intriguing. And congratulations!!!!! When does the baby get to come home for good?

I'm not positive yet, but likely toward the end of September or early October depending on when s/he decides to wean. I just can't get over the little face.. I wish I could visit every day instead of just on Saturdays!! They had a baby greenwing there this week / last week who is just a tiny bit older than my blue and gold and I couldn't believe the change in just one week. I wonder what mine will look like in a week :)

Oh my gosh, s/he's a little darling. Congratulations! Good luck banning anyone near enough to snuggle that little ball of adorableness.

I know.. he's totally not going to be able to resist. I'll just have to spoil him/her rotten so I get picked as the best :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Sweepea didn't come home until about mid-October, and she hatched about the same time, so I'm guessing it's going to be mid October.

And consider yourself lucky to have a significant other who actually enjoys and handles the birds. I haven't had that since Rachel died!

I keep getting issued ultimatums to "get rid of them or else..." Prove you love me more than them...

So, You have been blessed, my dear!

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
Sweepea didn't come home until about mid-October, and she hatched about the same time, so I'm guessing it's going to be mid October.

And consider yourself lucky to have a significant other who actually enjoys and handles the birds. I haven't had that since Rachel died!

I keep getting issued ultimatums to "get rid of them or else..." Prove you love me more than them...

So, You have been blessed, my dear!

I guess it is human nature to complain, thanks for this reminder. I am certainly lucky to have my pet-loving man! Even if he is a bird thief.

I'm sorry you are in the position you are in -- that must be very hard and stressful.

Most Reactions