Stainless Steel Cages for medium to large parrots

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
I am looking to buy a new cage.
I think the Stainless Steel cages are the Best, BUT the price is 2 or 3 times the typical metal cage with powder coating:(
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced stainless steel cage for amazon or electus size parrot?
I am willing to pay about $500 bucks but most are much higher;(
thank you

Attachments

• 5 26 2023 Moe taking afternoon nap .jpg
    5 26 2023 Moe taking afternoon nap .jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 7

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Stainless steel is nice, and easy to clean. I got one when we first brought home Nico from tractor supply, and it was clearanced out. We paid about $500 after tax. Iā€™ve looked for ones for my conures, and I canā€™t find the deal I got previously. Iā€™m waiting until one goes on sale, or on clearance. I donā€™t mind powder coated cages. The problem is that they rust, and my parrots take the opportunity to chew if itā€™s in an area that they can reach.

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Stainless steel is nice, and easy to clean. I got one when we first brought home Nico from tractor supply, and it was clearanced out. We paid about $500 after tax. Iā€™ve looked for ones for my conures, and I canā€™t find the deal I got previously. Iā€™m waiting until one goes on sale, or on clearance. I donā€™t mind powder coated cages. The problem is that they rust, and my parrots take the opportunity to chew if itā€™s in an area that they can reach.
Hello The stainless steel cage i wish is extra large as Moses likes to stretch in the am and then pm, is very expensive and the ones that are very large are in the $1500 range
advice from a parrot forum member recommended Bird Cages 4 less and i am going to order their Maui extra large cage for a little bit more than $600, thanks for your help

Last edited:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello
I am looking to buy a new cage.
I think the Stainless Steel cages are the Best, BUT the price is 2 or 3 times the typical metal cage with powder coating:(
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced stainless steel cage for amazon or electus size parrot?
I am willing to pay about $500 bucks but most are much higher;(
thank you
Your right, stainless steel is the most hygienic metal that man has alloyed making it expensive. Its the best choice for a cage.
I always recommend looking in your local online markets. My cage is worth over $700 and I got it for $50 used but in good condition

Most Reactions

Latest posts