Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I wanted to ask if you know any “playground” for medium large parrots on Amazon since I couldn’t find any? I not, are there any other apps I could check and buy some?

Thanks from Fluff and Ruby

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Playstands for large parrots are far and few. You might want to consider building your own. PVC playstands are common. Manzanita tree stands are also rather common. These CAN be bought online but they're pretty expensive.

I've been looking at making my own tree and found this website:

I'm hopefully making a purchase from the website above soon. A small one to see how it goes.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Consider your cage manufacturer as a source.

I know that BirdCages4Less.com sells play areas that fit the top of their cages.

Or, try Mangopets.com
We get their table top version as it works well as a traveling play /feed stand when travel or just moving our Amazon from area to area as it includes his food and water as well.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I would highly suggest building your own from small diameter PVC piping and fittings. You will need PVC pipe 1" or 1-1/4" diameter, elbows and T-fittings, a small saw, PVC glue, some vet tape to wrap the horizontal sections. I will bet you can make a fantastic playstand for less then $70 USD, and the best part is you design it yourself. FOr ideas, just google PVC playstands. My Amazon only uses the very highest parts of his play stand, so anything lower he avoids - go figure.

kenhall

Oct 9, 2023
Parrots
budgerigar two yellow and blue
Playstands for large parrots are far and few. You might want to consider building your own. PVC playstands are common. Manzanita tree stands are also rather common. These CAN be bought online but they're pretty expensive.

I've been looking at making my own tree and found this website:

I'm hopefully making a purchase from the website above soon. A small one to see how it goes.
Building by yourself need to pay attention to the nails in the wood joints, which easy to scratch parrots

kenhall

Oct 9, 2023
Parrots
budgerigar two yellow and blue
Maybe you can consider using woven netting to piece together a playground. use many of these
未命名3.png

TRBLMKR

Feb 4, 2023
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
I just cut down some oak branches and screwed them together. Took my birds a couple of days to remember they are birds and wanted to play on it. This one stays in the shop but going to build a smaller one for the house and patio. I hang toys from the branches as well.
20231030_143313.jpg

20231030_145634.jpg

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I just cut down some oak branches and screwed them together. Took my birds a couple of days to remember they are birds and wanted to play on it. This one stays in the shop but going to build a smaller one for the house and patio. I hang toys from the branches as well.
View attachment 55627
View attachment 55628
Good idea! I will try it!

Most Reactions