still silent!?!

ImmunoGoblin

Mar 5, 2014
outside Cincinnati, OH
Parrots
Tater Tot - DYH Amazon
Kiwi - Orange-winged Amazon
Biscuit - Young-ish cockatiel
You may just have a quiet one. He does seem happy, though! I can tell you and your wife are being sweet to him, and his feathers look better already. My Zons respond the most to music, and to the sound of loud rushing water. They like to hang out with us in the restroom while we shower or take baths, and they also especially love the sound of vacuums and hair dryers. Those might get a rise out of Marley if you're really curious what kind of sounds he can/will make.

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
You may just have a quiet one. He does seem happy, though! I can tell you and your wife are being sweet to him, and his feathers look better already. My Zons respond the most to music, and to the sound of loud rushing water. They like to hang out with us in the restroom while we shower or take baths, and they also especially love the sound of vacuums and hair dryers. Those might get a rise out of Marley if you're really curious what kind of sounds he can/will make.

Absolutely 110 % right. All of what you mentioned applies to my zons too! :)

lmh

Dec 31, 2014
Nebraska
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon named Oscar.
Congo African Grey named Turbo...RIP

Oscar ALWAYS calls out when he hears the water running in the kitchen when I am doing dishes! :)

OP
JamJar

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
Orange-Winged Amazon ~ Marley

sounds like a plan i will try this! I've had the hairdryer out to dry him off after I've sprayed him but he seems to hate it lol

OP
JamJar

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
i took Marley into the bathroom today and he made his first vocal noise :) i think it was an attempt at hello.. his eyes pinned completely and comes out with a croaky voice lol !

66kgv6.jpg

OP
JamJar

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
OK SO!

As my other thread isa all about the market i thought id share some pics of Marleys NEW VILLA!

p14bt.jpg

2jdlu69.jpg

uodhc.jpg

6dwx0k.jpg

OP
JamJar

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
i thought i should mention this cage cost me 240AED which is $65 I'm not sure if is cheap but i was all over it! its maybe 3 times cheaper than the shops here (at a guess)

he loves it!

and i also stocked up of seeds for training and nuts for treat time

2enmcu1.jpg

7kg total which cost a WHOPPING $12

lmh

Dec 31, 2014
Nebraska
Parrots
Double Yellow Headed Amazon named Oscar.
Congo African Grey named Turbo...RIP
I LOVE your playgym that you made him!! Looks soooo fun!! :) Does he play with everything on it??

OP
JamJar

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
I LOVE your playgym that you made him!! Looks soooo fun!! :) Does he play with everything on it??

not really lol he loves climbing around all his perches and sometimes around his cargo nets but rarely with any toys.. he is a little climber so is always whizzing around or sleep snoring lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts