SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Who takes the mother-in-law? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROTFL!!!! Did you have to point that out???? She most likely won't ride with me since I have animals, she doesn't like animals. So if Husband gets her, my animals and I will be enjoying music and singing all the way on the trip, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah, MIL gets her own dedicated transport:

rice-straw-broom.jpg

Hmmm, clearly not one of the faster more sportier versions! Do not recall this model being all that good in heavier winds, but is pretty good at pushing rain water aside! Sorry, could not resist! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hmmm, clearly not one of the faster more sportier versions! Do not recall this model being all that good in heavier winds, but is pretty good at pushing rain water aside! Sorry, could not resist! :D

One can get a deluxe version for longer flights:
fdffbec8de8ded0ac9b3af866ed76a83.jpg

Going to be very useful as Harvey is now an angry Category 3 Hurricane. :(

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
We just saw the updates on the storm.
Kelly, Arika, and myself send our thoughts and prayers to everyone in the path of the storm.
Please be safe. Take care of yourselves, feathered and furry family members.

Kelly Karl and Arika

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
All joking aside, thinking about you and yours and hoping for your safety. Even MIL.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
We are hearing awful reports here in the UK, I hope all are safe! Thoughts and prayers!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Thinking of all the folks and animals coping with the nastiness of Harvey. Hope all of our Texas members are safe, dry, and have safe ground the next few days.

Survival and comfort are the highest of priorities, please check in when you are able!

fowlstack

Jul 19, 2016
Spring, Texas
Parrots
'Rio' - Mexican Red Head Amazon (2016)
Be interested to see if you evacuated or not. I'm up in Spring, north of the big airport, but have no plans to evacuate. "Hunker down"!! I did see that San Antonio and Austin looked like they would be getting the same as Houston. Good luck!!

fowlstack

Jul 19, 2016
Spring, Texas
Parrots
'Rio' - Mexican Red Head Amazon (2016)
Great. Things are not bad here yet also. Not looking forward to it coming back.

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Well things are definitely crazy but we are safe and dry but watching the rain is horrible. Also we live in Dickinson, TX but we were blessed because our home is on higher ground. We had a mandatory evacuation, and the worst is water in the garage. We are staying with friends and all is going well. My fids are happy, we have the bird hotel set up and the kids here are loving them.

Here is the bird hotel and its occupants.

c86a0fe5535c5bf32ce6de3ef7fc706e.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Thanks for the update, so glad you, family, and fids are safe. Their "evacuation shelters" are more than adequate given the circumstances! Hope you are soon able to return home to a minimal mess.

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
So glad to hear you are all safe and dry. So many sad and devastating stories we are seeing on our news. I do like the birdie hotel though.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Good to hear all safe and sound. Have been reading about there being 20 inches of rain since Friday and more to come. Praying for some wind to blow this weather front away.

Wish I could send you one of these, be mighty useful!

Noahs-Ark-Illustration-Shutterstock.jpg

Last edited:

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
Glad to hear everyone is safe and dry.
Love the bird hotel too :)

Kelly, Arika, and myself extend our thoughts and and prayers to all affected by the storm.

Hmmmm.... thinking how much lumber we need to build and ark...LOL

Thanks
Kelly and Karl

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Thanks All. We got to come home Tuesday evening. While we stayed with our friends Venus and Buddy got to come out of their mini cage and visit. Now Buddy (the Amazon) has a reputation with the family we stayed with, he's like a sour patch kid, he's sweet then sour but he behaved himself. Buzz didn't come out because he is a nervous Nelly with new things. Note he had the largest travel cage. That is because he wasn't coming out where Venus and Buddy could. Also his cage is actually a kennel. I didn't have a bird cage so I used a new kennel I had for him. He was mad at me, would take a treat growling at me and throw it.

We are all glad to be home. No water damage in the house, only in the garage and no structural damage. The wood roaches have shown up in force in the garage, not a fan of them ewwww! Also we have been helping with relief efforts at the high school. All fids are so happy to be in their houses, Buzz is happy being back on top of his and he's taking treats from me and eating them now lol.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Ah, good to know that you and yours are safe. Surviving a 1,000 year flood, thats a tale to tell your grandkids someday! Let's hope Harvey really was a once in a 1,000 year event, and not an indication of what may become the new normal in weather events. I am dreading the hurricane season up here in NYC, a storm like Harvey would just wash Long Island away ( hurricane Sandy almost did ! ). If there is anything we can do to help get things back to normal PM me.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
good to know you're safe and sound and even better to know there was minimal issue with your home, best to get those bugs dealt with when things return to normal.

Most Reactions