Such a happy new mommy

brandi28

Dec 16, 2010
Kentucky
Parrots
Mealy Amazon (female, 3 yr)
Indian Ringneck (unknown sex, 8 mo)
Hi, I have an IRN and wanted to share my good news. Although I've only had him 4 days he has already stepped up on my arm and is taking food from me no problem at all.. WOOO HOOO im so so excited and happy.
Now if only I could find him a cage lol

Birdieboy

Jul 15, 2010
Virginia
Parrots
Two parakeets. Kindle and Charlie
Good for you. You are oding better than me. I have had my parakeets for three months and the second one is just now stepping up. lol Why does he not have a cage??

OP
brandi28

brandi28

Dec 16, 2010
Kentucky
Parrots
He does have the cage his previous owner sent with him. however it is so small he doesn't have room to move (19x19x28) I just ordered him a 32x22x63. :)

Instinct

Dec 17, 2010
Upstate NY
Parrots
Buddy, Angel and April (Cockatiels) and Tango (Sun Conure)
Congrats on the new addition!
I just love that feeling when a new bird hops on your hand for the first time. Very exciting!
I bet you two will have a strong bond.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Your bird is beautiful, omg look at the length of his tail, now I know why he requires a bigger cage.
That is great when they step up almost immediately.
Repetitiveness always works, whether training them to step up, tricks or even talking, over and over again is the best method.

OP
brandi28

brandi28

Dec 16, 2010
Kentucky
Parrots
thanks everyone.
He is still doing great, taking food already knows to touch my hand with his beak before he gets the treat. He also took a cracker from my mouth (i know they say not to do this but I do it with my amazon without any issues) he also has started trying to "groom" me today. Cleaning my hair and the little hairs on my arm. SUch a sweet bird. I did order him a very large cage because of the long tail.. his tail alone is most of his body. :)
However the pic is not my bird but a pic of one just like him. Im still trying to get a pic to upload here. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts