Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Beth, I am going to look at Value Village tonight to see what goodies they mave have for the fids...I had not even thought of looking there, thank you!

@Jen - We also have a restaurant supply place here I will try for those straws.
Looks like I am going to leave the house this evening, and not for a vet visit - YAY!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I don't have any macaw related tips :)eek: what a surprise, I know!) But since you asked about stuff you may have around the house, I thought I'd share some ideas. Note that most of these won't impress a macaw beak but it will be "shreddy" :)

* you already know about recycling left over bits and bobs from previousky loved toys
* you could also use stuff like wine corks (cut off the part that touched the wine), yoghurt cups, take out coffee holders (those that look like huge egg cartons), brown or news paper twists (take a large piece of paper, scrunch up lengthways and twist into pretzel shapes), corrugated cardboard stacks (cut squares of cardboard and stack into a tower, assemble with SS wire or rope), tinner cardboard or even cut up cereal boxes, cut into strips, folded into concertinas and threaded through the links of a pastic chain to look like a bow, wooden spoons that you don't need in the kitchen :54:, paper towel rolls cut in half stuffed with a treat and both ends tied closed with rope/rafia/whatever to look like a Xmas cracker. I'm sure there's more but I've just remembered my son has a plastic construction set in the storage room from when he was little, so....bye!

MacawLoverOf3

Jun 23, 2013
Parrots
Jody
Kalea
Donovan
You need to be extremely careful with baskets. If they are shiny at all, don't buy them because a shellac has been sprayed on them

Most Reactions