Suggestions for sleep cages?

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
Peeko has begun chewing the paint off of his sleep cage, so I want to buy him a new one before this becomes a big problem.
His current sleep cage is a Petco Dome Top Parakeet Cage. Something around that size, preferably wrought iron with a power-coating finish like his main cage that I know he cant chew paint off of, would be awesome. 1/2" bar spacing is a must. I haven't had any luck finding any small cages of these specifications.
I only have $50 or less to spend because my family just had a veterinary emergency with one of our other pets. His current sleep cage cost $35.

Last edited:

Jewelz

Oct 26, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Parrots
Black-cap Conure - 'Felix' -Hatched May. 12/2013
Peach-Face Love Bird - 'Sam' (1990-2013)
I use a small plastic dog carrier and I have a cactus perch, small ladder, rope toy & calcium block along with a dish for food & water ..... I am sort of in the same boat .... I am looking for an alternative to the dog dog carrier...you should be able to pick one of those up for $50 dollars or less as a temporary but safer alternative to what your conure is in right now :)

OP
P

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
Well nevermind I guess. My father has said he doesn't think this is an issue and therefore wont allow me to buy him a new sleep cage.

Jewelz

Oct 26, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Parrots
Black-cap Conure - 'Felix' -Hatched May. 12/2013
Peach-Face Love Bird - 'Sam' (1990-2013)
Do you know what kind of metal is undrneath the paint???? Would sanding the paint off be a good idea maybe???

Sorry to hear you are not abe to buy a new cage for your conure

Most Reactions