Sully is going to the vet

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
As some of you may know Sully was acting weird last week, he was staying in his cage. Well for the past two days he has been acting more quiet and sleepy so I made him an appointment at the avian vet for tomorow morning, wish him luck. I will let you know how it goes.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Awe, I hope your appointment goes well and Sully feels better soon.

mysteryfoxes

Mar 6, 2012
Calabash, NC
Parrots
Basil - Turquoise Green Cheek Conure :)
Awh, poor Sully! I hope everything goes well, and he feel better soon.

(As an aside, I smiled because Sully is sometimes my nickname with friends) Yay Sullys! ;)

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I just got back from the vet and she said Sully might have a bacterial infection. We wont know for sure until tomorow or sunday, depending on when the results come in. They took some blood and a fecal sample and gave him a shot of antibiotics just in case. They also gave me some oral antibiotics to give him everyday for two weeks. The shot made him very sleepy so he is taking a nap right now.
I also found out that he weighs 68g and gets car sick, poor baby.:smiley2:

Last edited:

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Good thing you took him in, Hope he feels better soon!
Keep us posted : )

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Oh I hope Sully is feeling better soon!! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Well the shot of antibiotics wore off so he isnt passed out anymore but you can still tell he doesnt feel good, I can just see it in his eyes. I start his oral meds tomorow so we will see how that goes, he isnt tame or clipped so it is going to be hard to catch him and give him his meds. I hate seeing my little Sully monster sick, but at least he should be better by his hatchday.

I will let you guys know what the test results are when they come in.

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Hoping Sully is feeling better soon! Hang in there..it's always tough when are babies are sick.

Fiwi

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
Parrots
5 YO Red Sided Eclectus
Did you get Sully's test results back yet? I'm curious b/c my Eclectus, Emmett has an overgrowth of bacteria. He's been on Batryl for 5 days now and I'm not seeing a big difference in him. He's eating well, but still isn't talking. He's very tame, but I still had a difficult time giving him his meds. I gave up on trying to give it to him via a syringe. Now, I put the dose on a Triscuit Mini and give it to him that way. He eats it up!

Most Reactions

Latest posts