Summer soon

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
Soon it will be summer again in Sweden. Ville cant wait

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkbhhOR7ks]Dubble Yellow Head Amazon in the Cherrytree - YouTube[/ame]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTIFUL video, oled!!! Ville is loving that tree....wait....did you take that video just recently??? None of our trees have even started "leafing" out. :(

Oh, and I SO enjoyed listening to the sound of the "Amsel" (I know that's what the songbird is called in German, don't know the Swedish name for it). It's been MANY years since I've heard those. :)

OP
oled

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
The video is from last summer. For sure I am doing a new one when he can be out again.

Doing summertime he is wingtrimmed just so that he can be outdoor.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Ville is a magna also? With those yellow stockings/red shoulders he looks almost like a Tres Maria

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
A "Magna" DYH Amazon is exceptionally colored, perhaps a bit larger than a regular DYH. There is still quite a controversy whether they are a true sub species. I know my Sam was purchased as a Magna, and it's even written on his paperwork. :)

I'm sorry I answered this...You were asking Richard, not me. :eek:

OP
oled

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
OK I have purchaed him as a "normal" DYH and he is not big. But for sure he seems to be more colored then others I have seen

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Ms Wendy handled that just fine. Magnas and Tres Marias are thought to be DYH subspecies. The Tres Marias i've seen look almost like a pied DYH. it doesn't really matter, Ville looks happy in a cherry tree doing his pruning.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts