Sun conure

Enza

Jul 2, 2013
Does anyone have any advice on how to teach my sun conure to start talking, hes only 4 months old and I want him to learn to speak. any tips are helpful, and about how long does it take for a bird to learn?
961181_622024884497894_142178088_n.jpg

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Aww what a cute little guy! My sun conure doesn't really talk so I can't give you pro advice. I do talk to him a lot and he tries to talk but it comes out garbled. Only word he knows is 'Poop poop' which he hasn't said in months lol.

So my advice to you is keep talking to them especially when they're focused on you as copper said.

Syd

Aug 23, 2013
Parrots
Buddy - 5 week old Severe Macaw
I have a blue crown the same age and I say three words to him every morning when I get up and he says them back to me. The routine seems to help. I say Hello, What, UpUp, try to keep it easy for him. :)

OP
E

Enza

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks, I keep saying his name and weeeeeee cause i want him to learn that, haha. :p

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I don't have a sun conure but I have a 6 month old Senegal hen who is starting to talk. She has her usual clicks and such, and sometimes I think she is saying her name sometimes my name. But today I said to her "Rio, what are you doing?" Clearly she replies "what are you doing?" I was in shock! But I know she said it. I have thought I'd heard her say it before, but this times it was so clear. I was so happy. :D

Syd

Aug 23, 2013
Parrots
Buddy - 5 week old Severe Macaw
My aunt has an Amazon that says Weeeeee and "Do you want Cookie Dough?" but alas Amazons are the best at talking.

Most Reactions