Sun Conures Beak Looks Broken?

Danny1

Oct 18, 2023
Parrots
2 Sun Conure
Hello, I just got a pair of 2 month old Sun Conures about 3 days ago. I noticed that the sides of their beaks looks like they were at one point injured but now healing over. I am curious as to what the cause to something like this might be and what to look after so it doesn't happen again. And if you guys do agree it is healing over or should further action be taken? Thank you!
P1034353.JPG

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Beak material is constantly worn, chipped or otherwise removed constantly. IN young birds they can bite on bars and stuff they cant really chew, and the result is nasty looking beaks. I would just keep an eye on these.

OP
D

Danny1

Oct 18, 2023
Parrots
2 Sun Conure
Beak material is constantly worn, chipped or otherwise removed constantly. IN young birds they can bite on bars and stuff they cant really chew, and the result is nasty looking beaks. I would just keep an eye on these.
Understood. I’ll for sure keep an eye on it thank you for the response!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Do you mean closer to the tip? the line there? Conures have a "bifurcated beak" it has two layers, it's fine. If you mean the pink on the side, I'd say yeah some wear and tear but will grow out. I wouldn't worry at this point. But keep an eye on it. Their beaks actually grow out imperfections or injuries pretty fast.

OP
D

Danny1

Oct 18, 2023
Parrots
2 Sun Conure
Do you mean closer to the tip? the line there? Conures have a "bifurcated beak" it has two layers, it's fine. If you mean the pink on the side, I'd say yeah some wear and tear but will grow out. I wouldn't worry at this point. But keep an eye on it. Their beaks actually grow out imperfections or injuries pretty fast.
Yeah the pinkish part in the side. And that’s good to know thanks for the response!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It is a little off, but I'd do a "wait and see" on this one....Normallly I say see an avian vet but....I'm really not so worried in this case so far.

Most Reactions

Latest posts