Sun Conures

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I have had 8 over the past twelve years, two of which I still have, all looking for new homes because of one reason or another. Yes they can be temperamental, but like any parrot, each bird is different & their temperament will be a product of their environment. While you can get a lot of good information from the forum, you really should research sun conures or any other specie, if you are interested in getting one.....

ACEPHONECHIC

Jan 29, 2013
Media
NEWTON ABBOT DEVON ENGLAND
Parrots
7parrots
1 Alexandrine
1 Greenneck Parakeet
1 Sun Conure
2 Greencheeked Conures
1 Pearly Conure
1 Crimson Bellied Conure
I have a Sun Conure called Zak and yes they can be very tempermental. You have to learn how to read your bird. Zak likes his space mornings and even though he will sometime feed my female greencheek Jade, often he will tell her off and fly off, which really confuses her but is typical of Sun Conures.
We did have a bad patch with Zak when he reached sexual maturity as he took a dislike to my husband Mike some days and would launch himself from my shoulder right across the room to attack. But we have got over that time he is 14 years old now and he can be very loving he likes to sneak inside jumpers. As I said at the start you just need to be good at reading the signs. Not letting him get under your face on those grumpy days. He loves to be held and have kisses on his back.
They are also very beautiful once they obtain the adult plumage.

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Lovebird~Precious, Sennie~Snoopy,Hahns Macaw~Fiona
Birds are like humans. Some have a temper but normally with conures in general they make excellent pets. The norm is that they are a sweet mild mannered species. Peace be to you.

Most Reactions