Sun Escape!

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
Our little "Birdie" literally walked out the doggie door on the screened porch and was gone for over a week! We'd pretty much given up hopes of ever finding her until I posted on Brevard Lost Pets here in Brevard County, FL. Someone saw the posting and was friends with our State Representative on Facebook. She called me, asked some questions and said, "I think I found your bird." Evidently our State Representative in the next town down the road found "Birdie" and had almost given up hope finding her owner. Their two boys were already attached, but they brought her home to make sure she was ours. They'd already bought a cage and everything. The whole family was so amazed at how much fun it is to own a bird. :orange: I think I know what those boys are getting for Christmas.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am sooo glad you had a happy ending.

texsize

OP
lplummer52

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I love the newspaper story addition!!!!! I mean I'm sorry he walked out the door but the turn of events made some dirt get in my eyes apparently....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so thrilled that Birdie was found! Great newspaper article:)
Sounds like she may have created some new parrot lovers during her adventure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts