Sunflower bread

Blue F amazone

Feb 7, 2008
Media
Hi amazonelovers,

I would like to ask who has the amazone loving sunflower bread(black). My Jacob loves this kind of bread and loves stronger then any fruit or vegetable. Is it ok consuming a bread for amazone?
I know that hen and coks have pain on their foot if they eat much bread:D

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Lori

Feb 26, 2008
Massachusettes
Parrots
1 Senegal Boo Boo
2 Tiels George, Sonney
1 Parakeet Pineapple
I'm not sure what bread you are talking about. Is it store bought or something you make you self? I make bread and cookies for my birds they love them . I just watch what I put in them and use bird safe ingredients. My birds love there breads.
As long as they are getting proper diet with pellets, seed, fresh food giving them bread is fine.

OP
Blue F amazone

Blue F amazone

Feb 7, 2008
Media
I'm not sure what bread you are talking about. Is it store bought or something you make you self? I make bread and cookies for my birds they love them . I just watch what I put in them and use bird safe ingredients. My birds love there breads.
As long as they are getting proper diet with pellets, seed, fresh food giving them bread is fine.

I meant bread made from sunflower
http://www.kohberg.com/Default.aspx?ID=107
energy:252kcal...1061kj
protein:8g
kulhydrat:37g
fet: 8g

Last edited:

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
it's fine to give your bird breads, although Amazons especially need a lot of foods that are high in Vitamin A like carrots, sweet potatos, broccoli, and dark leafy greens.

Every morning for breakfast I give my Amazons a piece of toasted whole grain bread with peanut butter.

I change the bread every week depending on the kind I bought...sometimes it's flax seed, sometimes honey almond, sometimes plain wheat.

I'm sure that giving your Amazon the sunflower bread is perfectly fine, just make sure he's getting plenty of veggies & fruits as well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts