Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Great news April! I’m glad Bamboo received the right meds right away, and is all fixed up now :).

I’m not sure if shrimp and a Betta are compatible, but if not, Mr. Newt will be happy.

Aspie_Aviphile

Jul 19, 2018
England
Parrots
Biddy, budgie, departed 2nd Sept 2018; Bo, Indian Ringneck, 5th Feb 2020; </3
That sounds painful, did his medicine include pain relief?

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That sounds painful, did his medicine include pain relief?

It did not include pain relief, just treatment for infection. There aren’t really fish vets, so I just took the advice on medication, dosage etc... from more experienced fish keepers. BTW he has since recovered with no further recurrences of fin rot and his fins grew back to long, flows and beautiful again:)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Great news April! I’m glad Bamboo received the right meds right away, and is all fixed up now :).

I’m not sure if shrimp and a Betta are compatible, but if not, Mr. Newt will be happy.

He has been with his shrimp companions for several months now and all is well. The shrimps are doing very well and I’m always finding their shed exoskeletons. The biggest female (or at least I’m pretty sure it’s a female) is now up to a good 1.5” long and is very plump. She’s huge and the other 3 are growing fast too. Bamboo has no interest in them whatsoever, though they are still wary of him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts