Switching Cages

RebelEgger

Apr 17, 2023
Parrots
Indian Ring Neck
when I got my girl from her previous owner (2 weeks ago!) she came with 2 cages, her day cage and her night cage.

Her day cage is beautiful and I really like the large door it has, she seems happy enough in it and it has a nice play area on top, but her night cage is a flight cage.

I was thinking of switching them to give her more room during the day. She would have more room to stretch and I can put a larger selection of perched and toys in it for her.

What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Should I switch or leave it alone? I want to do what is best for her but if swapping her cages would be more traumatic than anything then I’ll leave it.
Day Cage:
IMG_4596.jpeg

Night Cage:
IMG_4769.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I’d probably switch them, just because the night cage has a lot more horizontal space.

OP
RebelEgger

RebelEgger

Apr 17, 2023
Parrots
Indian Ring Neck
So I had switched around Niya’s day and night cages so she had more room, she seemed happy like that. But then I found a great cage on martlet place that’s huge and it was a great price!

I had been looking at getting her a 3rd cage so when we are having our in the basement she can be with us but doesn’t have to be on us or left alone upstairs.

We got the cage last night and I got it all scrubbed and assembled today! I love it and she has so much more room while we are at work.

And now her other cage can be the downstairs cage.
IMG_5086.jpeg
IMG_5088.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So I had switched around Niya’s day and night cages so she had more room, she seemed happy like that. But then I found a great cage on martlet place that’s huge and it was a great price!

I had been looking at getting her a 3rd cage so when we are having our in the basement she can be with us but doesn’t have to be on us or left alone upstairs.

We got the cage last night and I got it all scrubbed and assembled today! I love it and she has so much more room while we are at work.

And now her other cage can be the downstairs cage. View attachment 51433View attachment 51434
I LOVE this third cage! It should be the cage where she spends most of her time. Lucky birdie!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
That cage is huge! I bet she loves it!