Sword fighting??

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
At least once a day Rascal and Coconut get into a head on battle... they went at it for quiet a while but I only managed to catch a tiny part of the fight on video.

This fight was triggered because 'Nut wanted to get a drink of water but Rascal was in his way so Coconut started growling at him but Rascal STILL would not move (he just stood his ground)... so Coconut proceeded to keep trying to push Rascal out of his way which ended up in a sword fight LOL

[ame="https://youtu.be/3LxygKB67SU"]Sword fighting??? - YouTube[/ame]

Coconut growls so loud when he's mad. It's funny :)

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hi Juliet, What a pair LOL! Have you thought about separate cages? I worry re one of them getting injured and you never know it may help with 'Nuts screaming? You have a very generous cage for them both and IMO a second would not need to be so as you allow a lot of out of cage time. WDYT?

Last edited:
OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Hi Juliet, What a pair LOL! Have you thought about separate cages? I worry re one of them getting injured and you never know it may help with 'Nuts screaming? You have a very generous cage for them both and IMO a second would not need to be so as you allow a lot of out of cage time. WDYT?

They don't constantly fight like that... I shouldn't have said they do it once a day.... they mostly just avoid and ignore each other. It's not even close enough to indicate I must separate them.

Things have actually improved since the beginning when I first got Coconut...

Tiels are so docile they usually avoid fighting... if I had conures instead that might be another story :)

I must admit though when I have to leave town and board them at vet... during day they'll be in same space (they enjoy eating together it's better than being alone bored for several days)...
...but at night I will make it very clear to the caretakers they MUST be in separate areas because I don't want Rascal to injure Coconut's eye because he's a monster at night unlike Coconut. Plus if Rascal has nightfright (he's prone to freak out) and Coconut is in same space that would be problem... at night they are never in same space... not even at home because of Rascal.

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
The growling of 'tiels..lol..soooo funny! When Beeb's is on my shoulder ( 95% of the time) and I want him off, he'll run from one shoulder to the other,beaking my finger like a mad man and GROWL at me to no end!

I think I p.h.o.,coz I laugh at him ( I think it's so dang funny! :p) and that just gets him going even more lmbo :D

Jim

Most Reactions