Ta-dah the GCC

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I know her color is kind of plain, but not to me! Thank you they did think she wasn't pretty, and many had passed her by... A mint!! I thought she might be too but just haven't seen any other like her, so yeah she's special!!! ;) ;) ;) Her name says it all! She's flighted so like nothing more than to Bam show up in your shoulder and say hi! She also likes to break out if her cage at night and just show up! Keeps me guessing on how she gets out!!!!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I can see her! She's really cute.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture20460-img-20180811-174736975.jpg

She doesn't have any color on her body... So mint? Will change the profile to reflect that!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
henmint.jpg

maleMint.jpg

This is a mint GCC. For me Ta-dah has darker green so I'm not sure

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I shall claim her all most mint! ;)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture20462-img-20180904-195904996-2.jpg

This is the best light I could find right now, she has a mix of greens.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
FYI: This link has some nice pics of different mutations I never knew existed.

Gotta say once again... Mints are SOOOOO PRETTY!!! I want! I want!

Green-cheeked Conures ? Avian Resources

That is a great link! I think she is split between the turquoise cinnamon, and the mint! She is lighter than the turquoise cinnamon they have pictures of her tail featheres match the mint and her body is all grey, but her grey is darker... So I guess almost mint??? Great site thanks

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
pictures fine for me.....clark like older women....he like them photos! ;)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Ta-dah is so cute and has a cute name to boot.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Turquois Cinnamon and Mint look very much alike, the former being darker and a more blue-ish. Tah-Dah is right between the two in my opinion. I'm going to stick with calling her a Mint because that's such a cute name for a mutation, shorter and easier also.

Yoda is a "Ultra-High Red Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure" and boy howdy do I wish there were some easier, ONE WORD name for that mutation!! Maybe I should make one up... how about.... Prismatic Green Cheek Conure. :D I like it...

I hearby declare as the Ruler of My Own Little Reality, that all Ultra-High Red Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure mutations are now to be called PRISMATIC Green Cheek Conures. :D

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Turquois Cinnamon and Mint look very much alike, the former being darker and a more blue-ish. Tah-Dah is right between the two in my opinion. I'm going to stick with calling her a Mint because that's such a cute name for a mutation, shorter and easier also.

Yoda is a "Ultra-High Red Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure" and boy howdy do I wish there were some easier, ONE WORD name for that mutation!! Maybe I should make one up... how about.... Prismatic Green Cheek Conure. :D I like it...

I hearby declare as the Ruler of My Own Little Reality, that all Ultra-High Red Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure mutations are now to be called PRISMATIC Green Cheek Conures. :D

I second that! Let's see a pic of Your Yoda! The prismatic GGC! Ta-dah will stay Almost Mint! I think that pretty pretty Mint was an opaline mint anyway... Lol I love all the GCC, the standard color is beautiful as well. Everyone needs to post a pic of their GCC just so we can admire them in all their shades of glory,!!!!!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Omg Yoda! So pretty.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Is there such thing is a prismatic yellow sided turquoise GCC? Paris has colors like red and regular green around her eyes and under neck and chest.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Is there such thing is a prismatic yellow sided turquoise GCC? Paris has colors like red and regular green around her eyes and under neck and chest.

Let's see a picture!!

Most Reactions