Ta-dah the GCC

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Paris is just plain beautiful. Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure is much too long also. There's gotta be a better name for that mutation also. Hmmmmm.... Twilight? Foggy? Misty?

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
But I think she's prismatic because she has eye shadow and lip gloss on so it could be PrismaticTurquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure. Lol I will take a pic tomorrow...none of the ones I have quite show it well enough.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Ta-da is beautiful! But not a mint. She is either a cinnamon turquoise, or perhaps a cinnamon yellow-sided turquoise (aka pineapple turquoise). “Mint” is cinnamon turquoise American dilute. Her beak, feat, and feathering are all the wrong shades for a mint, and mints are extremely expensive and relatively rare. They are virtually never sold as pets because their value as breeders is too high.

She is a cute little girl though, that’s for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ta-dah is probably just a light version of turquoise cinnamon, I like calling her almost mint ;) I always have to adjust low light pics one day soon I'll try and get a bright light pics of her. I'm loving her no matter her color, abd happy all those years ago she was on sale for not being cute enough
laurasea-albums-keets-picture20519-img-20180908-162102831-2.jpg

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I love Ta-dah! She's iridescent :D

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Silly people to say that; I think cinnamon turquoise is one of the prettiest colors! So elegant!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ta-dah is such a beautiful girlie, how dare anyone say she wasn’t pretty enough! Clearly she has chosen to ignore them judging by the elegant way she holds herself, gorgeous girl! :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ta-dah and I thank you all for these wonderful compliments!!! I was smitten when I saw her. There credit machine was down and I had to run to the bank an hour away and come back for her. I begged them not to sell her till I came back and they actually said don't worry no one wants her! So I'm so happy I'm not her only fan club now!!! :)

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
It was meant to be!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Here are pics of my Paris to determine if she is a Prismatic Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure or just a regular Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure. Either way quite a mouthful.

UKXvuad.jpg

yrOZEu9.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Prismatic Hypnotic I Want I Want!! :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Paris is just a beauty!!! I love the deep scalloping, and painted yellow. So unusual!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
On second look I see the the orange cheeck blush and eyeliner!!! What a beautiful creature!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Cheek blush & eyeliner indeed! What a lovely little diva she is! ❤️

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I’m slightly confused; are you trying to say that she might be a high-red turquoise yellow sided? To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as “prismatic” and if someone has come up with that name it’s for a mutation that already has a proper name.

It really confuses thing when people assign nicknames to mutations. For example “pineapple” is what people call a cinnamon yellow-sided. But even “yellow sided” is a nickname for an opaline gcc. So the proper name for a pineapple is “cinnamon opaline.” When you put down the correct name it is exactly clear the genetic makeup of the bird. In cockatiels this same mutation would be a tan bird with white dots, since “pearl” is the cockatiel nickname for opaline. In Indian Ringnecks it would be a lime green bird with tan “highlights” if you will, with an even lighter mantle making the head and wings look very dark compared to the body, white sing bars, etc. but it’s all the same genetic change that people call “pineapple” in gccs.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yes Silver sage we have been playing and joking around about color mutations. ;) At first it started as a real question about Ta-dahs mutation, and we have been having fun since then, we aren't breeders , and wish we could have had a vote about all these long names for the different colors,!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Well in that case ;) I think prismatic would be an accurate description of any yellow-sided gcc. That mutation adds pizzazz to any other!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

What is the mutation actually called of Paris? Is it what you said the high-red turquoise yellow sided? She wears eye shadow, blush and lipstick on her little face and I see other ones of TYSGCC and they don't have it but I saw Yoda has too.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I actually don’t know what a high-red tysgcc would look like compared to standard; I’m not sure how well it carries over. I stopped breeding gccs before I got to experiment with that particular color combo. I did at one point have a tysgcc, Shiloh, but he was stolen (his mate was not) along with two Irns and two cockatiels while I lived in Hawaii. The thief stole 5 birds out of 3 cages, and left birds in 2 of the cages; they knew what they were looking for.

Most Reactions