Talk to me about bare eyed 'too's.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I'm glad to know I'm on the right track. Charlotte is settling in remarkably well, shockingly well, actually, but still, she has such a history that I don't want to derail her progress. It's hard to believe that she could not be handled at all just two months ago. She's Velcro bird now. She needs about three hours a day physically on me (broken up into about 30-45 minute chunks), and likes to be out on her play perches for all but about two hours of daylight. There's a couple hour period in the middle of the day she likes to go back to her cage for a rest. But I think that a new bird could derail that and I don't want to take that chance, even if Bender is amazing.

So I will visit with him. It's not ideal for him, but it's better than nothing. And when Charlotte is stable, assuming everything else goes well, I will bring Bender home sometime after the new year.

Most Reactions