Talking softly

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today Bucc and Kito have been playing very noisily, so while walking through the room doing a bit of tidying I was talking so softly that they had to be quiet if they wanted to hear what I was saying. I kept this up for a while and eventually they were very silent. Then the funniest thing happened, Bucc started talking to me in a very hushed whisper, telling me that he was a "good boy", and "give us a kiss" After a while Kito got fed up with all the mushy talk and started singing away to himself. Bucc turned to him glared and was telling him to "be shhhhhhhh" I've never known Kito to go so quiet so quickly. :D

So if anyone should ask does this really work, I can honestly say YES IT DOES. :D

This is the first time Bucc has ever done this, and maybe the last who knows, but it was priceless to watch. :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... that is so grand..... i deff need another fid, so i can also have a dynamic duo :D ... hmm just Bubba is just going to have to pretend he is a bird and learn to step up.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah it really was comical Just wish I'd had video camera on hand. :D :D

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
no i think he;s crickets stuffed parrot :)
and Peta, that's hilarious! My teils will get into their whistling fits late at night if I've forgotten to cover them then SIdney will craw out of his happy hut and scream bloody murder to shut them up :)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
My teils will get into their whistling fits late at night ... SIdney will crawl out of his happy hut and scream bloody murder to shut them up :)

I don't know ... I'd take whistling 'teils over a screaming conure anyday ... :11:

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
What an amazing story! :eek:

I think I've already told you that I love Bucc.. :D

These moments are priceless indeed!

I was wondering.. Kito is naughtier because he is younger or that is his character? :18:

Your guys are really funny!

Oh, how are you getting on with their training?Did you finally clip them?
Sorry if I missed a post...:eek::D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kito's just a pain in the red tail, If there's trouble to be found, guaranteed he's in the middle of it all. :D

haven't had them clipped yet, was on the phone with the vet and suddenly remembered that Bucc and Kito had demolised the hospital cage we have, now searching frantically for another one. You know the sort welded sheet metal. :D would love to see them damage that. :rolleyes: No seriously we getting another cage when they come in, or have to order on line then its up to the vets and clip - If he carries on the way he's going then I may just clip them myself, from the neck down. :D :eek: At the moment he is on the floor and chasing Jess, poor old thing just keeps trying to move outta his way. I put Kito up he gets back down and starts again. Think he'll end up inside in a minute just to give Jess some peace and quiet.

In all this madness Bucc is being such a good boy, sitting on the door singing away and asking for kisses, when I give him the kisses he now turns round and says "oh Thanku" so funny.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
That's my boy! (Bucc ofcourse:D) He must be a fantastic bird!

Tell Bucc I send him a kiss as well and tell Kito he should be ashamed of himself chasing old ladies....:D

Poor Jess, I admire her patience...:)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'll certainly do that.

Yeah Jess must have the patience of a saint, if I were her I think I'd be after that red tail. :eek: She doesn't even growl at him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts