talking

mahmou2d.12

May 31, 2015
hey i have indian ring neck im not sure about hes sex because he is young but does the male more intlegent and talkable more then the female ?
and how to know if i have a male or female ?(without DNA test )

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
The ONLY way to know a birds sex is DNA testing.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Male and female parrots both have the ability to talk, though not all individuals will. It just depends on the bird as an individual, gender doesn't really play into it. Individuals who DO talk tend to start picking up words during their first few years of life.

Without DNA, you'll have to wait for your bird to get a little older to see if 'he' gets a ring (male) or not (female).

OP
mahmou2d.12

mahmou2d.12

May 31, 2015
Kiwibird there is a new way to know if the ringneck female or male the females bigger the males and the wont ever have a ring around there neck but the male the ring start showing but not clearly at 8 month old plus that the tail of the male is very long comparing to the male thats a new way i read it from very trusted sourse

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
That cannot be done until the bird is older which is what we have all said. Once they get older they will have a ring or not and you'll know.
When the bird is young the only way to tell for
Sure
Is DNA

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Kiwibird there is a new way to know if the ringneck female or male the females bigger the males and the wont ever have a ring around there neck but the male the ring start showing but not clearly at 8 month old plus that the tail of the male is very long comparing to the male thats a new way i read it from very trusted sourse

Sorry, your 'trusted source' is not very accurate. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts