Taz's story

jaycee

Jul 26, 2015
Tiffin Ohio
Parrots
I had a 15 yo quaker parrot that just recently passed away. And I now have a gcc named Altair (Al) hatch date 3-13-15.
Taz was in my family since being a fledgling. My stepmother bought her from a breeder in early 2000. Taz was a quaker parrot. She was definitely my stepmom's bird. She had free roam of their house especially the bathroom. The bathroom was Taz's and she protected it fiercely. No one else in the family much cared for Taz because of her behavior, including me. Don't get me wrong, I loved her dearly but wished she liked us as well.

My stepmom passed away in May of 2009. Her and I were very close. My dad took care of Taz for about a year after my stepmom passing away. Circumstances beyond anyone's control took my dad away. He's still alive but we can no longer communicate or visit. That is when Taz came to live with me. She was stressed, not people friendly, and not cage trained.

I cage trained her and gave her love and care she deserved and to my disbelief she was a calmer little quaker. She even bonded with me and I to her. She had become an irreplaceable part of my family without me even realizing it. My loving Taz passed away last week and has left a hole bigger than I thought possible in my heart.

I'll share some pics of her in this thread. Ty all for letting me get the whole story off my chest.

OP
jaycee

jaycee

Jul 26, 2015
Tiffin Ohio
Parrots
I had a 15 yo quaker parrot that just recently passed away. And I now have a gcc named Altair (Al) hatch date 3-13-15.
Taz

jaycee-albums-taz-picture14947-back-scratches.jpg

If it still doesn't show. I have an album of her that is public viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus
I'm so sorry for your loss of Taz.

I think sometimes when the affection grows slowly and kind of sneaks up on us, the sense of loss is worse and more surprising once they are gone. I'm sure losing Taz is bringing back some of the sadness of losing your stepmom as well, so it's double grief. I'm sorry you're hurting and missing your feathered buddy and his first mom.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
So sorry to hear of your loss. I know what your going thru and so do a lot of others. It's sad to lose the ones we love,especially when we have no control..my heart goes out to you.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Taz was such a beauty, and looks like such a sweetheart. I am so sorry for your loss of Taz, your stepmother and your father now being out of your life.
Thank you so much for sharing Taz's story, and I am so glad you had the chance to bond with each other.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Jennifer, thank you for sharing Taz's beautiful story and her photos. She was a very pretty girl. I have two female quakers, both were adults when they came to me by unusual routes, I adore both of them, but one closed her little foot right around my heart the day I met her and refused to let go. I hope I get to spend fifteen years with my girls, but I know a bond that strong has a price. I'm so sorry for the grief I know you're feeling. So many of us understand your pain.

Fly Free Taz! You were loved, you brought great joy and you'll be remembered always.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
I am so sorry for your loss -I know from recent experience how painful it is. I'm glad you and Taz had time together and were able to create a special bond. She will always hold a special place in your heart.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very sorry for your loss of Taz. Sometimes the love created when we unexpectedly bond with an animal is the deepest. No doubt Taz saw redemption in you when your stepmom passed and your dad was unavailable to care for her.

OP
jaycee

jaycee

Jul 26, 2015
Tiffin Ohio
Parrots
jaycee-albums-taz-picture14949-taz-being-ham.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts