Teeko is scared of the dark guys.

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
So it's 8:00pm I'm trying to get Teeko into his cage to get ready for bed, but he refuses because he likes to sit on the top or on his side perch and stay up as late as he can..the moment I dim the lights down he wants to fly off his cage, and fly to my bed, and get on my hand. He will just sit there, like he doesn't wanna be alone in the dark..I have to keep putting him on his cage or luring him inside with a treat. After he gets comfy enough I'll shut the lights off solid. And let me tell you...he doesn't scream or anything. He starts climbing all around his cage and mumbling something like he's talking..but it doesn't sound like friendly words lol. I need help on getting him broke of being afraid. I can't help but to feel awful when I trap him like that.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
The talking once the lights are off may not mean he is scared. Ona always talks to herself for a good while when I put her to bed. She practices all kinds of noises.

If you think he is afraid, you could try a night light.

Last edited:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Definitely make sure he’s up before you fall asleep - I know a few people who lost small birds due to accidentally rolling over them in their sleep.

Most Reactions