Tell me all about your cockatiel!!

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
I'm getting a this sweet girl on Wednesday and I'm so excited. I wanna know about your teil, can you tell me all about him or her? I'm curious
IMG_20231009_201125_719~2_Original.jpeg

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My boyo isā€¦ well, heā€™s the epitome of the Duality of Birb. One moment, heā€™ll be loving some scritches, and the next heā€™ll be very angry with me for scratching his ear instead of his jaw.

70027824053__415BEEE3-8DAE-4E66-BC55-A32763E11B83.jpeg

As you can see, he is one AMGERY CHIMKEM.

Ricochet is fairly easygoing, very easy to handle, practically bomb-proof (things donā€™t really faze him), not super picky food-wise (this can fluctuate though), super cheeky, very clever, and has a history of harsh biting.

Rico knows what he wants and what he likes, and if he doesnā€™t get his way, he will try everything in his power to get it. He isnā€™t too demanding of attention, but he will certainly let anyone know that he wants it, and he wants it at that exact moment. And if you donā€™t give him what he wants, he SCREAMS at the top of his airsacs and flies over.

He is very refined in his tastes, liking what he likes and ignoring what he doesnā€™t. He has a taste for sweet and salty foods, enjoying the fattiest of foods he can find or steal, he prefers his territory to be nice and warm, and he enjoys the comfiest of perches. His taste in toys is very much destruction-oriented, and he LOVES to chew and rip things apart with the scissors he has on his face. He doesnā€™t like plastic, metal, or anything that isnā€™t wood or paper-based.

He doesnā€™t like to follow the rules. He is a being of resistance, and REFUSES to go with the flow of existence. Physics tells him ā€œhey, you canā€™t do that.ā€ He will say ā€œwatch me, b****.ā€ And defy it. Tell him to eat his food and leave you alone? ā€œLol, watch this.ā€ And he will become a very determined flighter jet.

He is a food thief. If you are eating, he will attempt to steal it. ESPECIALLY if it is a potato chip.
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg
IMG_2362.jpeg

He is quite the sweetheart, and he enjoys him some scritches!
IMG_7307.jpeg

He will bow his head and demand scritches. If he isnā€™t given what he wants, heā€™ll give ya the cold wing. But for the most part, he just begs for scritches which is ADORABLE!!

But donā€™t let his sweetness and his charming serenades fool you. He has a nasty side.
71616667922__677CDC53-2446-4884-A076-F1D42B5B24D6.jpeg

Yeah, he latched onto my lip and wouldnā€™t let go. I had to shake him off of my lip. 0/10, would not recommend.

Heā€™s a good birb, but god do his bites HURT!

Anyway, thatā€™s Rico for ya.

OP
Niya567765

Niya567765

Sep 23, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
This make me laugh, Rico sounds like a fun bird, except latching into your face šŸ˜­

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This make me laugh, Rico sounds like a fun bird, except latching into your face šŸ˜­
He is pretty fun! Very smart, very easy to work with and train, highly social, very people-oriented, a good singer, very forgiving, everything you want in a bird!

Yeah, he does it at least once a year. Heā€™s only two, but man, he has a thirst for blood. That bite scarred! And now itā€™s something Iā€™ll remember as long as that scar is there. But hey, itā€™s a funny story!

Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
Overall Poppy is a very chill bird, which I'm grateful for. She adores shredding paper and likes her bell too. She gets nervous if you try to pick her up while she's in her cage once she's out, she'll happily ride around on your shoulder...for about three seconds. Then she'll climb onto your head. She's fairly quiet, except when you start playing Taylor Swift (she takes after her mom). Some other things she likes include earrings, millet, and baths. If she had a human alter ego it would probably be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I currently have three cockatiels. Moon and Chara are the new birbs, bought over Kijiji. Their owners wanted someone with bird experience to adopt them and apparently I was the right person! Moon takes a while to warm up to you. Chara is a little more relaxed.

Then there's my 22 year old fart, Redshift, who has stolen Chara as a mate from Moon. Oh the love triangle that formed! LOL! Redshift is my retired breeder. His mate died about 2-3 years ago and I'm actually surprised he adopted Chara as his new GF.

Most Reactions

Latest posts